Gaile's account was hacked.

• Just a few short minutes ago as I was watching Netflix, I noticed in my GW window there was some blue/green type text.

It was Gaile Gray.

Or at least, it was an impostor pretending to be Gaile Gray, judging by the foul language.

Oh Guild Wars, how you have fallen.

AC

"...one thing I have learned—life is too damn short not to have a cookie when you want one." - Ray Stevenson.

• I'm looking at it live now. Screenshotting all he/she says. Updates will follow

update 1: Gaile's account said she was going to give out tomes in pre. I held trade entire time she was there. NO TOMES GIVEN. Screens will follow!

update 2: Now talks of getting Gaile's account to lvl 8....

update 3: No lvl 8 yet, thank god.

UPDATE 4: ALL SCREENSHOTS SO FAR! Since these there have been no new messages at 4:30 AM GMT +1! http://i.imgur.com/duZOrhR.jpg

UPDATe 5: TRIM REMOVAL CONFIRMED!!!!! http://i.imgur.com/3BtfPH7.jpg

UPDATE 6: GW GOT SHUTDOWN!! HERE ARE THE LAST SCREENSHOTS SINCE THE PREVIOUS ONES! http://i.imgur.com/RsUZm5A.jpg

• I hope someone can take over where I left. I really need to get some shuteye. Goodnight!

• well, glad I had not planned on playing this evening then....code 58.....guess someone is watching the old game!

guess they are probably going to rollback?

:mouse:where is the 'all you can eat' cookie bar? :cookie:

Edited once, last by cosyfiep ().

• I would guess we're getting a rollback yeah...
    Hopefully, this will prompt them to spend a little more attention to GW1...

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

• As a direct reaction of this thread, I have decided to remove the standard placement of your in game character name until I'm certain that it's safe to enable it again.
    It's still available as a profile field and it will probably return soon but only for groups with enough posts on our website.

I'll also make sure to get a tag for in game names (like [ign]your character name[/ign]) soon, that will make sure your in game name is only visible for users with enough posts.
    That will make scraping of this information harder (but not impossible).

Kevin

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

• Apparently from what I have seen is that it has been happening quite often these days, seen multiple people getting hacked, no idea what's going on anymore in this game.

It is horrible that this has happened to Gaile though.

• they always tell us that it means YOU did something wrong....well, I guess they might actually look at their protocols and see what that guy did to get an admins account (since we KNOW she uses a strong password :P )....guess the security they hyped all these years isnt as grand as they said (and perhaps they will now know that even with a good password, etc that you can still get hacked!!!)

Not a good thing (though I did see he managed to nuke those pesky gold site spammers!--perhaps they will keep them dhuumed!)
    We shall see what the ramifications of this are (if any....)

Edited once, last by cosyfiep ().

• Good to hear :). Thanks

• well done Lynie

btw, there are no rollbacks possible, the only thing they can do is to put back the trims one by one :) but I think they won't do it because they don't care about gw1

Edited once, last by hey ().

• yeah, they would have already done a rollback if they were going to, but they still might 'fix' galie's account (they said they couldnt do that anylonger, but I am sure that for her, they would fix it!--just like they say they cant put exact items into people inventories, but somehow those frogs 'appeared').
    Yes, there is a lack of 'support' for gw, our parent has gone and married someone new and we are the ugly step-child now and gw2 is the princess .....ah, well, we shall see what happens in the coming ...months?

• You can't really expect much support for a game that has a sequel, honestly they should just shut the gw1 servers down. Just be glad that they have the damn game still up for you guys to play.

• say what? This game is still played by loads of people and loads more have just started playing it! Just because a game is old is no reason to shut it down!! (nor for it having a sequel as most sequels are horrible).
    I can and DO expect there to be support for a game that is still being sold actively, if it were no longer available for purchase then I would expect that the support to be gone.

• You can't really expect much support for a game that has a sequel, honestly they should just shut the gw1 servers down. Just be glad that they have the damn game still up for you guys to play.

Couldn't agree more - the game is quite healthy.