About the crystalline q8 15^stance of Sawn...

• Thx for not switching the roles, you talked about bots, I just say this has no reason to be here.

Why do I talk about real money, What does it change? Nothing, except it shut down retard comments such as « it’s just a game, he got scam, but who cares ». Go and tell me poker is just a game. Blackjack is just a game. True, as long as money isn’t involved in. And, if you didn’t noticed spams in kamadan, gold sellers exists. Why? Because it seems that many players thinks it is worth it to put some real money in. Even if I personally never put any real money in, I can take into account that many player do (else, gold sellers wouldn’t be still daily spamming there website).

I’m done, just stop talk about it. If you think there was no scam here, good for you. I wish I never have the pleasure to share anything with you, except that wonderful talk. Pointless to argue with you, if you bring arguments that are literally out of subjects, endding up saying that i did..

IG: jacke l eventreur

• I guess we can all agree that mistakes were made on both sides, that the behaviour of the buyer stating that it was a fair price was wrong. However, the seller was also too quick to sell the item without getting a second opinion or whatsoever. Can we just leave it be, as it already happened and there is nothing we can do to change that. Only the seller and buyer can come to some kind of agreement if they both decide that’s fair.

Thanks

Mic drop.

Xander out.

• https://web.archive.org/web/2012110820…0445255p20.html

Heh, its funny to watch how back in guru day we were more public about the cheap buys and trading, times definetly change ;)
    Everyone got cheap deals sometimes, dont think there are many collectors who wouldnt have, everyone draws the line whats acceptable on their own.

Theres many subjects id have someting to say about here but i wont bother, hope ppl can have laught at looking at those deals on that thread on the pages that work (atleast 1st pages and last xD)

Everyone should go scrollup old threads sometime, like traders ethics

https://web.archive.org/web/2010112806…-t10442456.html

xD

Edit1, q7 prices changed abit, look how they used be here

https://web.archive.org/web/2011050116…0445255p11.html

xDDD

Edit2, Everyone done stupid sales sometime here many examples xD

https://web.archive.org/web/2011010101…-t10453515.html

Edited 2 times, last by Pleikki (January 1, 2019 at 12:43 PM).

• Taken advantage of? Definitely.

Scammed? no.

Sellers fault for being greedy and hasty, going to have to agree with Kromp, this was how you scored big back in the days.

Having the ability to recognize trash from treasure is what makes a good flipper, although this one was way too obvious the seller should have realized his sitting on a sword that can only be rivaled by a 15^50 version, personally i'd prefer the stance version.

Quite unfortunate.

Personally i would never pawn such a rare sword for ectos at this point of the game, the relic is absolutely priceless.

• The honourable thing to do here would for Sawn to say hey, I exploited your naivety heres xxx arms go finish your hall. That's all the guy wanted. It wouldn't surprise me if Sawn will jump on epvp and make himself a few hundred bucks by selling the arms either tbh. He isn't a collector.

• The honourable thing to do here would for Sawn to say hey, I exploited your naivety heres xxx arms go finish your hall. That's all the guy wanted. It wouldn't surprise me if Sawn will jump on epvp and make himself a few hundred bucks by selling the arms either tbh. He isn't a collector.

There’s no way he will though. People who abuse dumb and naive people do not tend to ever admit their mistakes or try to rectify. The fact that he does not collect makes it all the more likely he doesn’t give a fuck about reputation. And, as has been repeatedly pointed out, the seller was an idiot who pawned off a priceless relic because he was lazy (not greedy, I think, but lazy. Think about ten-year ago prices and he might have legitamitely thought it was reasonable.).

I am curious to see where that Crysta ends up, though.

• The bids are troll anyway. Maybe i’m Wrong , but the 1750a seems questionable. Who would bid that amount over 600a

I’m really curious as well to see where it goes.

like seriously? People spend upwards to 500a for a q8 15^50 common/semi common skin these days. And just because 1 or 2 people pc'd it at 600a doesnt mean it would insane amount over.

Take that q8 15^50 crysta sword that the person is selling,it would probably go for 6000a++ if the buyer has that amount. With the q8 15we version I dont imagine selling it for 1750a to in the 2000a range.

I think many would buy that crysta for 600a in a heartbeat if they had the arms.

The economy is so bad these days that you have spend 10-30 times the amount it should be valued for,maybe 30 times was a little exaggerated,but you get my point.

• Nah, i guess i wasn’t clear enough.

I do think this particular bid seems fake, because I don’t know the guy who bided (maybe it’s some kind of famous trader back in the days, and i’m Not one of them, so I would hardly know him), and seeing the PC on this sword this seems weird.

I do agree with you however, I think the offer is pretty decent for this item ( most of all because imo 15/s is more valuable than a 15/50 in pvp ).

I feel like people tried to influence its value with low PC, but that’s my own opinion.

IG: jacke l eventreur

• Nah, i guess i wasn’t clear enough.

I do think this particular bid seems fake, because I don’t know the guy who bided (maybe it’s some kind of famous trader back in the days, and i’m Not one of them, so I would hardly know him), and seeing the PC on this sword this seems weird.

I do agree with you however, I think the offer is pretty decent for this item ( most of all because imo 15/s is more valuable than a 15/50 in pvp ).

I feel like people tried to influence its value with low PC, but that’s my own opinion.

I totally agree with you that people try and pc low so they can buy cheap and resell it.But its always on the really super uber rare items. if its more common skins with the inherent mods the same people usually pc is fairly high or if its botted items that is going down in price because they know they cant get profit of it.

• This thread reminds me a lot of the use of social media to bad mouth other people for peoples own personal ego. Let it go, you messed up. Pretty soon if you forget to flush a public toilet or unintentionally litter on the sidewalk you are going to banished forever. Pat yourselves on the back you guys are the real heroes! Lmao Digging up dirt on people is such a shameful way to live your life.

• If the buyer has any responsibility to tell the seller the price, than what is trading. You can be a good person and give a real amount. But part of the game is just making money, and probably this guy didnt have enough money to buy it for a fair price. so then either he buys it for cheap, or doesnt buy it, and another person grabs it for a peanut or 2. Or he tells him what its really worth, and maybe he'll get a "finders fee". But the guy could have sold plenty of other weapons to complete his HoM aswell. If he has that crysta. He probs has some more nice stuff. But no, he just logged in, took his most valueable weapon and sold it without doing research, didnt even bother to ask for a pc after 10 years. (it's not like he misled him with 2 accounts with a fake pc and then a buyer who is suddenly interested)

If you ask a buyer for fair price, its like diggin his own grave. He can't get a good deal. So he'll dig yours, I probably would have done the same, just maybe payed him a few 100a (everyone get of ur high horse, everybody who is rich in this game made some good deals. where the line of shady/good deal is, is different for everyone).

But every1 (99%) who plays is an adult, so you don't get taken by the hand anymore with every step. It's a multiplayer game. Not ratchet and clank (not that that is a bad game, i love it).

if you wanna boycot the sell, its your right. just makes it cheaper for the rest.

• Official Post

So this game came out 10+ years ago. Most people who started playing were just kids. Now they’re adults making money. What’s wrong with spending some of your hard earned RL money on something that makes you happy? Wether it is shoes or armbraces. Hyndzy wether you actually bought arms or not, you’re not the first who got caught or who got accused and you won’t be the last. All the big names here have been accused of buying or selling gold. And not everyone is innocent ;).

Also what’s wrong with being a gold seller? Making some RL cash from a game? I know tons of people who did it and who’d wish they did it or who thought about doing it. I’m seriously considering selling off all my uncustomized stuff to pay for all the bills that are piling up.

Also Kabong, the past has proven that not all PhD members are as honest as you’d like them to be. Surely most have either left or got kicked. But I wouldn’t be so sure none are left. More higher up people in higher up places have been proven to be distruthful. I seriously doubt your background checks are as intensive as those in your average government hahaha. You’re better off thriving towards complete honesty instead of proclaiming complete honesty.

Imagine a thread getting to the point where a struggling cancerpatient feels the need to get involved 😂. I hope you’re all doing better than me and please don’t get so worked up over a game. Doesn’t matter how awesome it is. Log off, go hug someone you love, or a stranger, idc.

• A bit of perspective goes a long way. Thoughts and prayers Emma.

I echo the sentiments! Hang in there Emma. We are all thinking about you!

With this being said. Let's please end this argument with the above words of wisdom from Emma. Everyone's days will be much more enjoyable and less miserable.

I got an idea, let's all go play a fun game that has brought us together to begin with! ;)

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• MaxBorken Congratulations!

SawN Your evidence is weak. You are a gold seller, so you can’t be trusted in the first place.

Emma What’s wrong with RMT? Let’s start with the fact that it’s illegal. It also happens to be unethical and the fact that it’s not immoral to you and others like you is a major part of the problem. Your analogy with shoe buying just couldn’t be further off.

As for my little guild, [PhD] has always done the impossible...and we do it the hard way. I couldn’t be prouder if what we’ve done, what we’ve stood for, and how we’ve influenced the game for the last 11 years. When a person is invited to [PhD], it’s on the basis of their potential for greatness — not just in terms of their collection, but also in terms of their character. We take this seriously in [PhD]. Emma you’re 100% right when you say that not every member of [PhD] has been able to maintain those standards. You’re also right to point out that those people typically leave or are kicked from the guild. The fact is that we’ve has to kick relatively few people for that reason over the years. Most people who RMT eventually recognize the mismatch between themselves and the guild and leave on their own, like you did.

I take that fact to be a great sign of respect. Those who take the time to get to know us and see us in action everyday see very clearly that we take our mission seriously. We are here to preserve the history of the game, as manifested in its items, and to do so honestly. Sometimes people want to wear the cape for personal gain. Sometimes people can’t uphold our moral standards. The fact that those people leave the guild willingly only shows the degree to which our standards are respected, even among those who can’t uphold them.

The jealousy, hate, and disrespect somehow always (and only) comes from people who don’t know [PhD] and have never been affiliated with it. It’s just noise.

The other day, I drove past the city hall of a small town in the countryside of the Philippines. The front of the building said “Leadership is for service, not for power.” [PhD] leads by serving as curators of the game we all love so much. Doing that the right way is a difficult task. It’s not for everyone.

<3[PhD]<3

• Official Post

Emma What’s wrong with RMT? Let’s start with the fact that it’s illegal. It also happens to be unethical and the fact that it’s not immoral to you and others like you is a major part of the problem. Your analogy with shoe buying just couldn’t be further off.

As for my little guild, [PhD] has always done the impossible...and we do it the hard way. I couldn’t be prouder if what we’ve done, what we’ve stood for, and how we’ve influenced the game for the last 11 years. When a person is invited to [PhD], it’s on the basis of their potential for greatness — not just in terms of their collection, but also in terms of their character. We take this seriously in [PhD]. Emma you’re 100% right when you say that not every member of [PhD] has been able to maintain those standards. You’re also right to point out that those people typically leave or are kicked from the guild. The fact is that we’ve has to kick relatively few people for that reason over the years. Most people who RMT eventually recognize the mismatch between themselves and the guild and leave on their own, like you did.

RMT is not illegal at least in the USA. It is against the TOS and Eula but those have been found unenforceable many times in court. I also know of many prestigious players who cashed out their accounts or faked hacking.

• RMT is not illegal at least in the USA. It is against the TOS and Eula but those have been found unenforceable many times in court.

Yes, it's not 'illegal' however "against tos and eula" is all that matters.

It is also "unenforceable in court" that ANet is in any way obligated to keep your account active. They could shut down servers, ban whoever they want, delete your favorite character for no reason, rename all your characters to 'Douchecles Goldseller'. Its their servers, their databases, YOUR LIMITED CONTENT LICENSE (you own nothing) that matters.

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• And just a reminder.... THIS IS A GODDAMN GAME, if people want to enjoy it in different ways, LET THEM. If they don’t hurt you in any way, I don’t see a problem. Gold sellers have been around for a LOOOOONG time and always will. Guild Wars is definitely not the only game where it exists. Just live with it. Life can be unfair sometimes. Can we all just let shit go and move on?.... Just enjoy the game that we all fell in love with. And if you can’t enjoy it anymore, then please I politely ask you to get the fuck out.

Xander

edit: removed part of the message.... not meant as an attack and not grasping at straw but whatever. I am not going to stay in this conversation, like I said in my previous (well, next) post, I am out.