Double posts in private messages

• Has anyone else noticed a problem with a post in a private messages are showing twice? I have only seen this happen today

I had a conversation with someone and 4 of our messages (2 for each of us) were doubled.

What appears to be happening is when you hit reply the first time, it doesn't do anything, so human reaction is to click it again and it goes, but creates 2 posts.

Just throwing it out there just in case there is a forum related issue.

Chevy

My Legacy Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• I had been notified by Red Fireball for an issue and I resolved that - is this still occurring, if so, could you give me the conversation ID?

We're going to move to another server soon, I might speed it up if these issues keep happening.

- Kev

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

• so the bug I have been reporting you was fixed (props for fixing it that fast :O) but the bug with the messages persists - had it happen again just now - even though I didn´t klick twice this time, since I knew the bug^^

What happens is: you enter a text in the reply box, hit reply and basically visually nothing happens - text still in the box, sent message not displayed above. However (somewhere in the background) it does indeed get added. You see this when reloading the page right after: message displayed in the conversation history, but text is again in the reply box as "Draft restored". Also if you follow the instinct of pressing reply again the message will be displayed but actually both the sent ones.

You can readily reply to my conversation to test it out :) To me it just looks like a problem of proper updating.

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

Edited once, last by Red Fireball ().

• okay it just happened here as well when I tried to reply to this topic - pressed reply, nothing happened, reloaded page, message was there - but it also showed the text again in the reply box below as restored draft. I´ll test it in private message again :D

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• I came to explain how it was working in Messages, but it is exactly as Red Fireball explains. Looks like it hasn't worked but it has sent the message just the screen hasn't refreshed although when you do refresh your message still appears in the box as if you're about to post.

edit: Yep and just like above it happened when replying to this thread for me too. xD

• I have moved Legacy to the new server (hi, Alesia!) and I hope this resolved a lot of the issues.

Is it still occuring here?

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

• Awesome! I did a test message and seemed to work on that one. If it occurs again for me, or if someone else still experiences it, I am sure you will hear.

My Legacy Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Mail traffic is once again reaching the mail server, I guess that the server move fixed all of the issues :)

I'm keeping a good eye on the error logs, however.