• Basically it's a wrapper for the client that allows for modification of how data is sent to and received from the server. Needless to say this violates the EULA, though they claim nobody has been banned for using it. The name comes from the various bits of functionality it contains which may or may not be useful depending on what you're doing. The website contains a list of these, though it's down atm. Off the top of my head (I don't use it myself), there's things like automatic consumable usage, a custom compass and other UI tweaks, custom hotkeys, a chat filter (intended primarily for blocking gold sellers and other rubbish I think), an ingame clock and notepad, dialog hacks and bulk material purchases/sales. I also recall seeing something about a flag for each hero (not just all and the first three), but I'm not sure whether that's been implemented or not. Check the website when it comes back.

d78dd1d.jpg

• I'm a loyal user of Toolbox (It's really handy for vanquishing and to force Guild Wars in a fullscreen windowed state).

I haven't had any issues with it so far.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

• As far as I know (Since I was a part of them for a while) FBGM have been using it for like 6 years without any bans or viruses, so it's safe (And very handy!) to use!

• I am against toolbox for it's exploits into the game and I prefer Texmod. I feel that is safer.

:heart: By the light of the fire and the sparkle of the stars, you came to realize the meaning of true love. - Lori B. :rit:

• Just a little update, with the latest additions to the client, I no longer use Toolbox.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

• I also stopped using it on principle... It is a violation of the EULA, and I have not heard about Anet saying it is OK or not, as they have said Textmod for Carto is OK. In my game right now, I am trying to beat Barath's 7 Hero Deep record of 24 minutes. In speedrunning, there are different categories, like Any%, 100%, glitchless, or tools-assisted. His completion is tools-assisted--he essentially uses Toolbox to pop pcons and the conset instantaneously. I might be shooting myself in the foot a bit trying to beat a tools-assisted run without "tools." But whatever, I think I can still do it.

Q: What do you call it when a naive American walks through Best Buy for days until he finds a TV?

A: A television quest!

• Which additions are you talking about? Did they make Toolbox unsafe to use?

I meant the additions to the official Guild Wars game client, Toolbox is still safe to use as far as I know.

• Anyways I guess ill post what i put on reddit

Ill add that a lot of features that were taken from toolbox and implemented officially were usually implemented better in toolbox. It isnt a comment on the programming ability of Stephen or BIll, its just a statement of fact that weve been working on this tool for years, and they are doing these changes in small sections in their spare time in sections of code I do not believe they worked on during the live teams work