• I guess i’m missing info here, what makes it so unique?

Is it prenerf un anyway?

I’m not so familiar with +10 vs creatures

PyroLobster
    September 30, 2021 at 4:34 PM

IGN: Pyro Loves Lobsters

• Derailing topic some to go back a month(sent PMs to Fireball and you, decided why not post in public too):

Wiki has drops allegedly from a level 20 Charr ranger in 2011. The guy who reported lvl 20 EoTN charr seems pretty reputable as he was a regular wiki poster ( https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Ashlann ) and the report is from 2011 so it's close enough to the end of the update cycle that likely nothing changed. There are a lot of lvl 20 charr in Dalada Uplands. Maybe even something like floor 1 CoF could be a farm. That's where I would seek q8 Wyvern...

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Talk:Wyvern_Blade

Giving an update on this thought from nearly a year ago:

"can q8 wyvern blades still drop?" -- I believe so, but have been unable to produce evidence

I think I give up. I have killed, by my back of the envelope math, about 10,000 charr rangers at this point. 40-50 hours of my life dedicated to proof of this dang sword.

I have been using the zoning farm to kill the 10 charr ranger patrol then re-zone as I outlined in that comment. I'm doing the farm a couple of days per week. You can knock out about 200/hour with clean runs.

I have gotten absolutely no drops of interest wyvern or otherwise. If anyone else wants to try and confirm that q8 wyverns still drop I still believe this is the best farm to do it, but with the odds involved it's just proof for the sake of proof because one will never drop with these odds. I can't even get a req 12, much less an 8. I was just hoping for any req wyvern to prove they are in the drop table but I am done trying.

I really think they have always dropped. Maybe, for some reason, these 10 particular charr have an altered drop table but I doubt it. I have gotten VERY few golds and purples from them. I also think the odds of a q8 wyvern are so astronomically low that there really may only be one that has ever dropped, or if more dropped they dropped for people who were not in tune with the GW economy and didn't know what they had.

-signed, guy who is tired of Charr.

Edited 4 times, last by Anti (June 28, 2022 at 4:30 PM).

• I have gotten VERY few golds and purples from them.

Few ideas to improve on that:

did you try HM? (would be way faster to prove the point since wyvern is gold only drop like the amber aegis or the likes)

did you run with favor on?

you could try to avoid the anti-farm thingie, whereas I don't know what exactly it is... time in instance, kill rate, ... in the end just repeated fast killing could still be the best item/time rate.

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Few ideas to improve on that:

did you try HM? (would be way faster to prove the point since wyvern is gold only drop like the amber aegis or the likes)

did you run with favor on?

you could try to avoid the anti-farm thingie, whereas I don't know what exactly it is... time in instance, kill rate, ... in the end just repeated fast killing could still be the best item/time rate.

1. I have not tried HM, as my theory is that the best proof would be to see one of these low lvl charr specifically drop the Wyvern(rather than their HM counterparts) because that would 100% confirm that a q8 wyvern blade can still drop. A single drop, of any req, would be irrefutable proof so I wanted to have that "nail in the coffin" moment. Just...haven't seen one.

2. I have done many of my runs with favor but it's less often these days and I can only play at specific times so certainly a mix

3. Doing ~200-300 charr once or twice a week I assume I am pretty successfully avoiding the anti-farm but IDK. The farm naturally has the enemies dying at a staggered rate so I'm not killing 10 with the same skill or anything.

I have only gotten probably 30-40 golds from 10,000 charr so I really just think I need more volume...I just don't think I'm willing to keep the work up! haha.

• fair enough Anti

nm/hm I wouldn't expect any difference here whereas I see your point for sure.

30-40 is extremely few - assuming it'd drop at same rate as any other item in their drop pool I'd expect maybe 1 in 100 gold drops - and idk if they can even drop purple... I mean the only ones I have ever seen were gold rarity...

and concerning anto farm I think the game respects repeated entry no matter the time between. at least my nolani runs stay shit even when not playing for weeks and if I did other stuff in between I feel like ot's better. but let's not start the anti farm topic here :l I have no data covering my wording hence it is just a rough impression and not to be accounted for :P

let the community do their work - maybe in few years we have an answer :D

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier