How did you chose your main character’s name?

• We all have a main character. The one we play most or the one we prefer for an inexplicable reason. But how did you decide on what that character’s name was to be? What influenced your decision?

My main is Max Borken. Named after a character from a Lee Child book, called Beau Borken, except his first name wasn’t manly enough for a 6ft5 sword wielding warrior, so I chose the manliest of first names: Max.

What’s your story?

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

• This is a good idea, I’ve actually been asked this question a countless amount of times. A lot of people ask me where did you even come up with Hr wa kk a . Well to be quite honest the name was created from a world of Warcraft name generator that you can use when you create a character. This was over 10 years ago and I’ve stuck with it ever since. Almost All of my characters have the name Hrwakka in it. That’s how you know it’s me :D

" A sword wields no strength unless the hand that wields it has courage"
    <=======|==0

• MaxBorken August 27, 2019 at 10:19 PM

Changed the title of the thread from “How did you chose your maim character’s name?” to “How did you chose your main character’s name?”.
  • My husband used old roman/greek/egyptian heroes. I went with japanese names... my main is Mei (female ele), his is a female ranger named Sileo. I kept my theme going through my whole set of characters on that account--they all have japanese names (save one): Mimi, Daisuke, Ai, Mamiko, etc.

• For Prophecies I started with characters from my favorite playstation game Grandia 2,but then I added a female ranger and went with Diana the roman goddess. I also settled on a last name for all my characters, Dragonhart it sounded cool and Hart is my maternal grandmother's last name. Then when factions came out I stuck with the same last name thing of Nian and then I used Chinese deity for my names. and African and Babylonian names for Nightfall.

I take days to research my name and profession.

• "Agent Chevy" originated when I first played Battlefield 1942 online when that came out in 2002. I kept this name throughout all games that followed. The Chevy reference is the obvious part, related to my passion for Chevy's. At that time, I had 3 Chevy vehicles, now have 2, one of them being the same 1973 Nova Muscle Car I had back at that time.

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Was the first game character I ever had to come up with and was drawing a blank for a name when my music playlist auto-shuffled to a M.O.D. song titled "Mr Oofus".

The title character of the song is a complete jerk, and it's a stupid name, but it's OK, I can just roll the character as soon as I figure this game out. :/ /14YearsLater:huh:8)

• Back in Tombs/HA it was usefull to have a constant in your name. :)

So, while I was thinking about how to name myself an empty can of Ice Tea stood around me.

In that moment I thought "Ice Tea" would be cool -> "Ice Tea Healz Yaa" was the first character in that line,

later in the game (and to separate myself from the 2 other players named Ice Tea) I had to get rid of the Tea to have more space naming my character thats why only the word Ice was allowed to stay

• The sound of a hammer mashing something? Kabong.

Make it female cause that's how the character is? Kabongolina.

The shape a hammer that is circular in cross-section makes when mashing something? O.

O Kabongolina O

Hammers.

Next character:

To forcefully place something: stuff...cram...JAM.

An animal for carrying things? Mule...horse...PONY

J A M P O N Y

Next character:

A woman against whom resistance is futile: Dominatrix

To make poop: Defecate

A woman who dominates by making poop:

Def Akatrix.

There's 3.

• Back when I first started playing in like 2008-ish I stumbled upon the community involving UWSC and the riches that followed. As a kid I thought this was such a cool realm and thought very highly of the people that managed to clear it efficiently (Sinway? Check my timeline). I wanted to be one of those people. I made an assassin named Eternal Ectoplasmus (who is now King Ectoplasmus) and the rest has been history ever since.

• As a fan of Greek mythology, I've been using Greek names for over 20 years now across many RPG's and MMO's. And since I'm also a Star Wars fan, creating a Monk meant she'd have to wear the buns. That's how Antigone Amidala was born. She has an older sister, Andromede. Last names are usually famous Sci-Fi surnames or nods to locations in RPG's. My Factions characters have Japanese names, and NF chars have Egyptian names. Takes me about 45 minutes to name a new character.

• t4kNgmP.png

Edit: Here's a video for those of you who don't know.

In the early-mid '90s (OK, late '90s, too xD) Kabong and I had a heated rivalry in NBA Live. This was when NBA Live not only existed but was the greatest basketball video game on the planet. Shawn Kemp was on my team (before a fateful trade for David Robinson due to Kabong's need for a power forward and the game's inability to edit players' primary positions).

For those of you who may be clueless about NBA basketball in the '90s, Shawn Kemp was an extraordinarily athletic big man. His coordination and body control allowed him to handle the ball and attack the basket like a small forward, while his power allowed him to throw down massive, thunderous dunks. Many of his best dunks involved taking off from one side of the key and either slamming it backwards over his head on the other side of the key or spinning in mid-air as he flew past the rim and cramming it with 2 hands.

He was a monster. One day, Shawn Kemp threw down a dunk for me in NBA Live that destroyed Kabong's soul. I don't remember the details of who he dunked over (I'm sure Karl Malone was involved lol) or how many people's lives he destroyed, but I remember jumping out of my chair to scream his name without realizing that, at that very moment, my soul was also leaving my body.

What came out of my mouth was not quite "SHAWN KEMP!!!" It was more like "SHHRRAWNGKRROMP!!!"

From that day on, "Kromp" became synonymous with any act of complete and total domination, usually involving brute force and resulting in triumph (for the kromper) and some degree of humiliation (for the one who was kromped upon).

Over time, Kabong and I developed an entire Kromp-based vocabulary. There were krompings and people got kromped and were kromped down. Things were going krompingly and we appreciated krompulence wherever we found it.

When I bought GW for Kabong as a computer warming present, I created a first character for him. There was no doubt he would be a warrior and his name would be Kromp. The game required a 2-part name, so I made Kromp into a Captain. Captain Kromp didn't sound right, especially to a mind that had grown up with Captain Kangaroo and Captain Caveman. Captain Kromp didn't have the right flow or balance. It needed another syllable. Before I could even think about it, my fingers typed the words:

Captain Krompdown

It was perfect. The Captain appears in every game I play (and even some I don't... Other people have stolen the name in games I've never played). His name is a tribute to that moment when Shawn Kemp single-handedly destroyed Kabong's entire life, robbed him of his will to live, and, just for a second, got me speaking in tongues. :D