• So as requested (*erhm Captain Krompdown ) I´ll do my current best to give a small insight into my collection of "red rectangular shields" (Quote Kabong )

I´d like to say thanks to everyone who has helped along the journey and is still contributing Pleikki  Agent Chevy  Praise  Purely  PyroLobster  Gentleman Xander  Kugiini T Miles  gdyb @pPp to name just a few...)

I´ll try to work on this thread for a history of my collection, but for now I´ll leave you these:

TowerDefenderD_4.pdf

TowerDefenderT_4.pdf

so as you can see - I am around 2/5th complete on the goal to get all mod combinations. I still need to upgrade some of them to max stats, some to "better" req (aka 13 or 9,8,7), or some just to "proper rarity" like some "perfect purples". I do have some shields on my waiting list, that I haven´t been able to pick up. With them I might get to 44% (there´s 915 combinations, so every new shield is about 0.1% towards the goal.

Now here some graphic content - viewers discretion advised ;) (as mentioned - old screens, many improvements have been done since...)

Bests,

Red ;)

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

Edited 10 times, last by Red Fireball (March 18, 2024 at 7:57 AM).

• Big day was last week - and I only just realized it, when I stored the last piece of the puzzle into the foreseen chest slot:

The completion of the -2wE +10Ar category. The one that started it all - seems I had a head start on that so it eventually was completed as first of those :P

Huge thanks O O O Yoji O O O for finding and trading me the gigantic one! And thanks again to @everyone, who is helping me out on the collection - it has grown quite a bit since the OP - I´ll have to update it once I find time^^ (28.3% complete on the entire collection)

But enough talking - here´s the set :)

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• quite an update: I finally reached 1/3 completion! what a marathon this were gonna be I´d have never anticipated! 10 years and 1/3... knowing limited exponential growth it should take just another millenium or so until I am done - and that is just phase one - I´ll add the prognosed time frame for the phases in brackets.

#1 get all mod combos (1000years)

#2 get all mod combos in max mods (10000years)

#3 get all mod combos in max mods and desireable req (13,9,8,7) (100000years)

#4 get all mod combos in max mods and desireable req (13,9,8,7) both as Tower Shield and Defender (1000000years)

#5 get all the Tower Shields and Defenders (to infinity and beyond!)

sounds realistic - eh? just please all vote for ANET to not shut down servers too early! Especially the step up from #3 to #4 seems astronomical - since there is barely any supply of Proph Defenders and Factions Tower Shields respectively - since the main farming spots are Nolani and Winds of Change - in HM respectively, where the Charr only drop Towers and the Purity guys only drop Defenders. But what am I worrying about - still 100000years until I´d face those problems anyways^^

I hope to be able to assemble some of the highlights, but really it is about the number...

30205-allpercentages2-jpg

You can see this is 305 of a total of 915 mod combinations - exactly 1/3. 205 different Tower Shields and 196 different Defender (os dualmod). On top there are some - let me reemphasize "SOME" *erhm "duplicates" - meaning higher req, different order of mods and so on, a whole lot of fun ones (who can have the heart to merch a blue -1ws 16/8?) and of course all the inscribable ones! At those I am at 60 Tower Shields and 51 Defenders - separating into 40 Towers 16/9 gold ins of different value and 20 Defenders respectively - plus the others all in different rarity, moddability, armor or req.

And after those... still around 40 that I need to sell since they are actual duplicates.

Here just a little something for the eye:

shhh...

okay... I admit there is a tiny little Paint involved - but I couldn´t resist^^ Here the original:

I updated the detailed liust in the original post so you can sell me the missing ones at highly outrageous prices :O

Thanks for all the help and keep up the great community - without who I couldn´t have done any of this!

cheers,

Red

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Since it has been some time... here´s a little effort to updated screens (and yes it is a shitton of work - 1000shields around and each takes about a min to cut and paste so don´t expect too much with my limited gw time atm)

I´ll try to supply one new screen per week as I find time.

For this week we have:

armor/damageReduction combinations

the ench set has been completed and upgraded all to q13 or q9/8. Same applies to stance with the exception to charr - which are still missing - and skele - which I just have a q10 one (merch, right? I know.) If anyone has any inputs into the 5/20s - guess usually they are merched since unpopular or nonmax.

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Here is my collection of over 1000 Towers/Defenders has any inputs into the 5/20s - guess usually they are merched since unpopular or nonmax.

I would have merched all of them and start a WoodenBuckler/Roundshield collection instead, hence that's the skin that gets all the 🍑 super 💦.

Hence, But I mean who am I? Just a hencesome gentleman with great charisma and unlimited funds. 🧐

Hence I guess keep up the great work 🙂

PS: Hence solo... I am ur father 👨‍👦

IGN: Mr Clean Value

:!: Important: Please if i win an auction/or u want to sell me an item write me an PM so we can organize the Trade :!:

...................................................................( Thanks for understanding and appreciate the help <3 )......................................................................................................

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

WTB: x00g - Clean Value items - 360g Roundshield - 256g RAM-hammer - Waterwand with 20/20 Fire

• On special request and due to some insane movement in the past weeks since someone returned... this goes to Emma

If anyone has some for the gaps to fill... let me know :)

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• I would have merched all of them and start a WoodenBuckler/Roundshield collection instead, hence that's the skin that gets all the 🍑 super 💦.

Hence, But I mean who am I? Just a hencesome gentleman with great charisma and unlimited funds. 🧐

Hence I guess keep up the great work 🙂

PS: Hence solo... I am ur father 👨‍👦

well... no clean value hence merch. I get it. hence down... this is the sexiest shield skin tho plus it's strength - hence no wooden/round. I'll readily leave the wood to you :*

hencel und gretel. hencechen klein. good night.

Next, pull out the big guns! the 30+10's :P

aight. we got a dinner reservation for next week :thumbup:

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Well done sir , you are the true master of Towers & Defenders! Thats impresive af. There was no better place for those 30+ 10 then to be with you and im glad i was part of it! Best of luck filling the missing spots and finding better req!

ign: A L i N :war:

WTB Triple mod shields (from The Mausoleum 2010 - bugged shields)(paying well)

• I figured this was worthy of a small update since there were some noteable milestones:

plus - I am now beyond 40% Completion on goal1 - 1 of each mod combo!

that is 367 different mod combos in my chest - well over a thousand shields total (I doubt I will ever actually count them precisely anymore...)

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• again quite some improvements and additions made - quite some q8 and q7 even!, I do not find the time to properly display, but the pdf in OP have been updated to show my exact progression. I am at 43.4% - the 50% are so close now - just ~60 more mod combinations (lol)

Spoiler alert:

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• we are getting closer to the 50%... slowly but little by little. 45.6% now - 22new combinations since last post. Finally found proper time to assemble and screen a set. Feast your eyes!

7 items

7 Defenders

7 reqs for 16ar shields

7 dmg type mods

the perfect full trade window.

it took some time to assemble - the toughest ones were the q10-12, since I had sold/merched my duplicates before due to inventory space issues... I could have made a full q9 set or a q7/8/13 set - but it ain´t the same :D

you could argue one is wrong mod order - I would argue 6 are - but I will gladly live with that flaw ;)

updating OP to up to date pdfs!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Pretty fantastic