Your Beloved Collections

• I am now the proud owner of the r8 15/stance Crystalline Sword. I was given a chance to preserve it within the guild whose very existence is dedicated to locating and preserving the very finest items. And it fits perfectly.

I had to beg, borrow and borrow some more for this, but since two old friends from my speedclearing days returned to the game about six weeks ago, there has been a series of events which unfurled in front of me which I could hardly believe. They donated their entire combined wealth to me because they weren't interested in playing any more but were curious who was actually still playing. I was the only one left on their friends list who still logged in, and so we began reminiscing about the old days. When I said I was retired from trading but had my eye on this, they gave me everything they had left, and disappeared into the mists of time once more. I was still quite a long way short of the asking price.

I now owe quite a lot to some other friends who agreed that this sword should be with its brothers and I have called in every favour I was owed, but I managed to borrow the rest and was able to make an offer which was accepted.

So, I am absolutely blown away by the generosity of my two old friends who gave me 75% of the price of this sword , and humbled by the others who have lent me the rest. When I realised there was a chance I could do this, I didn't hesitate. In accordance with their wishes, my donors have remained anonymous, but they know who they are and if they're reading this, I can't begin to express how grateful I am.

UTeBYKQ.jpg

I am truly happy for you max, now customize it and let this be done.

I also wish that i had friends like that, coming online and giving all their wealth away just so i can obtain that one rare item... oh wait i could do that with RMT right?

IGN: One Plus One is Elf

• Keitax

I guess anyone could

But that would diminish things, no?

Part of the beauty of these items is how they carry the history of the game, both personally and in a broader sense.

Besides the obvious recollection of distant times when items like this were still possible, this item now embodies, for Max, a tangible reminder of the the friendships that allowed him to acquire it.

RMT serves as a reminder that people cheat and hurts the game. It's a little different, right?

MaxBorken

Congratulations, again.

• I was being sarcastic, sorry if you didn't get that.

I am giving my honest opinion about this. I just feel this whole story is just too fishy. why? Well let me explain. I understand that people can encounter really nice people ingame, but for them to give away all their wealth after coming back to the game and then ''magically'' disappears? Sounds way too fairy tail to me.

The remaining 25% is probably borrowed from you guys, (Kromp/Kabong etc) which is understandable tho, don't get me wrong i would help my friends out too.

Kabong I like how you said the ''part of the beauty of these items is how they carry the history of the game''. I agree with you there, but if the item has a dirty past and i know about it, i would rather not buy it instead.

RMT is not a cheat if the game allows it (goldsellers in kamadan etc), It keeps the little bit of economy left ingame running. With the recent banwave the economy pretty much got fucked. Many people can't get their items sold as fast as in the past anymore, since there are less bidders, there are less rich people who can burn some arms, except for the PhD guys ofcourse!.

• Keitax

Sorry. Missed the sarcasm. Too much actual unpleasantness on this board recently.

Any reasonable person can understand how suspicion of rmt could arise after Max's acquisition. For whatever it's worth, I believe MaxBorken has an impeccable reputation that speaks for itself and I believe his account of the events.

In general, the use of external resources to increase one's ability to accomplish dishonestly what one could not, or chose not to, accomplish without this external assistance, is cheating.

This is not the discussion forum so I will leave further discussion for its rightful place.

More collections, please!

Kabong

• Official Post

Oh for goodness sake.

1. “Mists of time” is obviously a figure of speech. Designed to add a notion of pomp and occasion to my acquisition. They could log back on again. I have no idea. They said they weren’t going to (they’re RL friends, and have been since before Gw was released) and I have no reason to assume otherwise. Maybe they’ll get the bug back and make a comeback. Who knows?

2. Ya sure. I’m going to blow a month’s disposable wages on pixels. You know how crazy that is?

This is the result of old friendships. Nothing more. And to be honest, I’m flattered you’re thinking the worst, because that means you haven’t grasped the notion that if you part with old friends on good terms, it possible for them to return on good terms. It all smells of jealousy. Maybe if you stopped burning your bridges there would be some bridges left for old friends to cross.

I mean, really.

• I don't really want to argue about this any further. I have said my opinion and now i will become once again a hermit.

My last words will be, there are crazy people in this world.

PS: I didn't know you will get this offensive about it, It was my honest opinion and since you are agressively attacking me like that, it means that I am right after all.

This sums up that you can't handle criticism very well. Trust me i have a PHD in psychology.

Edited 2 times, last by Keitax (July 24, 2019 at 9:59 PM).

• I'll soon be posting my large GREEN collection:)) I have 30ish left to acquire and then I will have attained all of the greens (except for end game greens... working on those as well) this is about 740ish items..... it's taking me awhile to get all the screen shot ...lol

Every ones collections are AMAZING. These are all a labor of love. I have met some wonderful and VERY generous people during this quest. I would like to thank everyone that has helped me.

I would also like to thank all these collectors that keep this games memory alive and showcase their love

Do you go into a museum and think about how an item was acquired or do you look at the item in amazement of the beauty and are just happy to actually see it before its lost to time?

• Before you look at this awesome picture of Celestial Shields I have acquired, I'd like to thank my friends Pyro and Kabong. Pyro designed this awesome screenshot collaboration of my shields which is really cool and better than anything I could make. Its very appreciated Pyro <3 . Kabong otherwise known as Hammer God picked up the Q9 +30 5/20 Celestial Shields while i was offline, Kabong wanted those shields for his own sake but he saw the better and thought they would fit better with my collection, which I thank him deeply for as they are some of my better shields that I own. I wanna thank these two fellows for all they do for me. I also wanna thank my Guild mates for everything they do, Everyone is our guild has impacted me in a different ways and has helped me out in different situations. It's not just a Group of Guys who collect High end Items, its a Brotherhood or as recently referred to as a Wolf Pack. WOOF

~Hrwakka

" A sword wields no strength unless the hand that wields it has courage"
    <=======|==0

• Finally found some time to prepare this and show off some of my pre collection... :)

bYonScz.png

Some clues (for the non-initiated regarding pre stuff):

-These are all the axe skins that can drop in pre with max damage (for white rarity) and minimum req.

-Max damage for purple axes dropped by bosses in pre is 7-19 (except for some rare items dropped by the vanguard foes when they were first implemented).

-Dead staves can only be acquired from hidden stashes in pre.

-Before this fire staff dropped, max HSR for staves in pre was presumed to be 15%.

• Today Guild Wars again showd me better side of it, and the awesome people there are playing the game!

I searched for the axe nearly decade, it has allways been my favorite axe skin, love how it looks on all of my chars.

Finally bit ago i was able purchase the skin in mods i use most for my chest runs and on my casters for farming. Thanks alot for allowing me buy this.

Now today i am happy one of top 3 shields in Guild wars in my opinion finally came back to my collection. I had this shield several years ago, but had to trade it away to Tooburns in order to get one q7 spiked targe i also so much adore. My plan allways was to buy it back at some point, i was devastated when had small few month break and found out tooburns sold it among some other items meanwhile..

Thankfully person who bought it was Enchanted krystal, the largest hearted person in this community and i am proud to be hes guildmate and be able call him a friend. He knew how much i adored this shield for it's skin and mods, and how it was in my opinion one of nicest things out there, he made me a promise that when id graduate university i was just about to start, he would give it to me as graduation present. It's now over 2 years since that, i didnt graduate yet but kept waiting for this shield nearly more then graduation itself. EK wanted to suprise me, give the shield to me as a gift allready and i cant express my gratitude enough to him.

Today i remembered again what Guild wars is about, the great charecters it has and friendships of lifetime i've been able build from the game, even when servers go down those friendships last.

Now i got the perfect chest running set, with this im sure i will reach out the goal of gold q8 sword drop i've hunted allready several years!

So here it is, my favorite skin axe and shield, united together to my collection after many years.

YIQlzm4.png

-Pleikki

This guild is my family, and i am grateful to everyone on it - [ァアァ]

• PyroLobster

I allways considered every item i got part of my 1 big collection, or part of some smaller sets. Just dont think its worth trouble and doesnt make sence post everything with every new addition :)

Couldn't agree more. Feel free to not post in collection thread every time you get a new addition. Maybe wait until a collection set forms or grows enough to warrant an update and then display it? Otherwise this thread might as well be renamed to "Look at the new cool thing I have".

IGN: Pyro Loves Lobsters

• @Pleikki Sick items, loved the story and good all round GW feels. BUT that is not a collection its a weapon set. Max started a wep set thread very recently, it belongs there.

Who the kitten are you to tell people what they can & can't post here? I didn't see a list of "rules" in the OP so if you don't like someones post , scroll past it & move on with your life. Whats you contribution to the thread with your post, a collection of criticism? It is a small "part" of a much bigger collection so yes it belongs in this thread. Having a passion for Guildwars & adding to an expanding collection is something we all enjoy, so please don't diminish it by posting rubbish comments like this.

It belonged back with you. You are an inspiration, a dear friend, a knowledgeable teacher, and an asset to the Guildwars community. It is an honour to be in [ァアァ] along side you & other good friends. Brave taught me the joy that donating things to the right people can bring, so you can thank him one day if he ever returns. :)

I don't think I have shared this set on the new forum, so enjoy.

Complete-set-of-Zodiac-Staffs.jpg

[ァアァ]

"Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Edited once, last by Enchanted Krystal (August 11, 2019 at 12:32 AM).

• Who the kitten are you to tell people what they can & can't post here? I didn't see a list of "rules" in the OP so if you don't like someones post , scroll past it & move on with your life. Whats you contribution to the thread with your post, a collection of criticism? It is a small "part" of a much bigger collection so yes it belongs in this thread. Having a passion for Guildwars & adding to an expanding collection is something we all enjoy, so please don't diminish it by posting rubbish comments like this.

@Enchanted Krystal Everything I said was a suggestion "Feel free" "Maybe wait" so not telling anybody what to do. If we going to be picky does kinda say "post your collections here" in the first line from Max. A single post with just a weapon set doesn't meet that criteria in my mind. I would just scroll past as you suggested but several times now @Pleikki makes post like this. If its a free for all post whatever cool thing you got recently cause you want constant admiration, justified by "every item i got part of my 1 big collection" whilst simultaneously disregarding the definition of a collection then I'll play along.

Check out my new addition!

Please give me likes and comments cause I really need constant attention on legacy while I crazy under pay noobs ingame for items.....pathetic.

• That is such a toxic post People post here because it's a passion, not for Epeen. Why you post is different maybe, but who am I to judge? None here wants "likes" or needs attention, they just have a passion & want to share it with other like minded people who share the same passion.

.... while I crazy under pay noobs ingame for items.....pathetic.

This makes literally no sense.

"Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until they speak."

• That is such a toxic post People post here because it's a passion, not for Epeen. Why you post is different maybe, but who am I to judge? None here wants "likes" or needs attention, they just have a passion & want to share it with other like minded people who share the same passion.

This makes literally no sense.

You dam ignorant it seems. There is a long list of people left basically scammed by Pleikki. Tells people to there face its worth 5a, buys and flips for 50a (example), heard stories from multiple people 2 of which recently. Experienced myself first hand sometime ago when posing as a clueless player with a unicorn item. 0 ethics displayed.

@cosy Max @anybody can I get a perma ban please so I don't have to deal with this level of faggatory anymore.

• About a year ago after finding a couple q9 noid items in my inventory had the idea of getting all golds in the game the same (600 ish). I have less than 50 to go and with some weapon types completed thought id start to post them. This project very quickly and continues to be a team effort with dozens of people contributing. Thanks to everybody who helped, there really is to many to name but I will try to credit at least some. In no particular order huge thanks to: Goat, Yoda, Graeca, Russia, Patty, Krozz, Andy, TM, Buruzia, Fendilicious, Ignant, Liberation, Mesmero, Panda Goes Ranger, Recon, Yogi, Purely + everybody in PhD + everybody else. Special shout out to Bradols who got the Istani shield which I had all but given up on myself. Some put in so much effort that the collection belongs to them as well. My two partners in crime Suz and Joker. Thanks guys without your assistance and dedication would never have kept this going. More to come but here are the shields :P

• I'd say that's the most insane idea anyone's ever had for a collection but I know this is sane compared to some of your other creations 😂

My OCD is going insane trying to find an order to it.

Some alphabet grps, some similar skins together, some here, some there... oh crap my mind just ran away out my ear. :D

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• This is a collection of shields I have been working on for a while. I know that most people wont understand placing a non max modded shield in a collection, but if you have ever tried to collect Guardian of the Hunts I believe you would understand. I could not have put this collection together without the help of Kabong, Kromp, Purely, PQ and everyone else in PhD along with Tyrant, Guardian Rihanna and Hollow Soldier. Also a big shout out to Pyro for parting ways with some of his most beloved GotH's. Again thank you to everyone involved.

WTB Guardian of the hunts 😎

• Could write and essay but I'll try and keep it short. With hundreds of items spanning dozens of collections I had planned to post something much bigger and better as a finale but this was all I had ready. At least it has some of my precious gems in it. I started this game at launch and have had thousands of hours of happy gaming with some amazing people but now it’s time to say goodbye. To my friends I say thank you, to everybody else you’re a bundle of sticks.

Long live Guild Wars!

Shield%20Poster.png?raw=1

• PyroLobster don't you dare to leve us alone!

Those two SSS are ... I have no words .... something like "perfect" "on another level" "from a different world" - they are so insanely sexy! I mean... summit vs dwarf - what'd beat that? :O

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier