What's your favorite profession?

• My most favorite profession is the ritualist, but I do like trying out other characters and builds. I would like to know your profession and you can share your favorite build along with it :)

:heart: By the light of the fire and the sparkle of the stars, you came to realize the meaning of true love. - Lori B. :rit:

• had to think about this a very long time.
    'Twould be easier to say which professions I dont like: (in order) sin, warrior, dervish, paragon...if you havent guessed I am not a melee person, didnt even have a warrior until nightfall came out and my sin is a mule (as are 3 of my dervishes).

so we are left with the casters. (and ranger).
    I play rit the most only because its easy and not much gets past them, but they are getting kind of boring ( my mes/rit changed back to mes for this reason)....so I will write that one out. Ele is about in the same boat, but I have mixed it up by NOT playing fire---trying earth and air for a change, but still not my favorite to play.
    Ranger is ok, like having my pets (cosyfiep is not a primary ranger pet but one of my monks pets!), outside or barrage and splinter weapon...not much there so, again, not my favorite.
    That leaves monk--like to smite, but wish there were some better skills in that line, so not my favorite; mesmer, ah love to play my mezzies (got 5 or 6?) though I am not a panic mesmer, but still very versatile (wow, would not have guessed someone would have said that 10 years ago would ya'?); so I guess necro has my vote--spiteful spirit or ravenous gaze are my favorites there (NOT a fan of playing mm, though I have one, gets boring after a short time).

so
    NECRO it is!

• Assassin as I do mostly chest running and able to use the same build for all runs in my rotation. I will still use my assassin for some solo farming but have fun using my E/Mo for a variety of solo farms.

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Mine use to be the fire elementalist, until they changed that build up.
    Assassin, I like. I use to sc with mine in a few dungeons. I can do eye of the north / prophecies tours with it still. I enjoyed mtsc the most with it. ;)
    Monk, I like for mqsc. Healing others in other areas were more frustrating and annoying.
    Dervish, I find it a little interesting, but I do like the vabbian outfit on the girl. ;)
    Ranger, I use to like... I don't know whether it's me or the changes in builds, but I find it rather slow in leveling, etc. Mine's still at.. either 14 or 16.
    Mesmer, I'm still wanting to learn with this one, but... She's not far enough alone to really judge. wanted to do doa with her, but I don't see that much happening. :-S
    Warrior, imo, seems complicated. x-D
    Necro, loved the life siphon - use to play with this one some... Just the heroes do it better for me... X(
    Paragon, I tried... I gave up.

:heart: By the light of the fire and the sparkle of the stars, you came to realize the meaning of true love. - Lori B. :rit:

• I guess my favorite would be a paragon. Simply because I like the concept of the profession - midliner that shouts to the team - motivating or commanding it. I quite enjoy the profession as it is, but it gets dull really fast. Even if you try to change builds up, it doesn't feel like paragon has good synergies from secondary professions. I mean there probably are, but they are so minuscule that its not even worth searching for them. With that being said, I like paragon, but it has quite a few limitations.

Aand that leads me to Ranger, my most played profession throughout the whole guildwars 1/2. I find it really versatile and adaptable to nearly every situation.

If you want to play melee, pick up some daggers or scythe and go nuts.
    Wanna go ranged, sure, bow is there for you. Want to have a pet, man, we got you covered, go tame one and conquer the world.
    Want to go support, take Rt as secondary and pop offensive or defensive spirits of your choice.
    Want to tank, take but-loads of pcons and start the party.

Ranger is by no means optimal profession; I have to think really hard where ranger would do something better that other classes - interrupts, dps, support.. But its there, its definitely possible to cover a wide spectrum of necessities with a ranger. Therefore, ranger is my favorite.

Also, assassin is pretty cool. But meh. I often enjoy playing with a sin, but the profession seems one dimensional and super 'meta' like.

• I played through all of GW and achieved almost all my titles with my ranger. I really like being able to pull enemies and direct the fight with her.

What I like about GW though is the fact that you need certain roles in the team. I was never a great monk but the challenges of keeping the team healed were fun. I played with a friend who felt that as warrior his job was to run into the fight and mine as monk was to keep him alive whatever he did - it was amazing training.

Playing as warrior meant making tactical decisions which was also a steep learning curve for me.

I wasn't so experienced as necro and rit but they were fun too.

Malice toward none, charity for all, firm in right.

@AeroTrewent

• warrior - there has always only ever been warrior.

That's something solid. Not running around with some rather awkwardly unhandy sticks shouting spells and trusting in higher forces. Just take a sword and a shield and bash some... that's one of the reasons why I dislike weird skins - I'm just thinking: "boy - that swords gonna break if you try to hit anything with it!" Or "how would you carry a shield made of stone?" - they are just rather unpractical...

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• warrior - there has always only ever been warrior.

That's something solid. Not running around with some rather awkwardly unhandy sticks shouting spells and trusting in higher forces. Just take a sword and a shield and bash some... that's one of the reasons why I dislike weird skins - I'm just thinking: "boy - that swords gonna break if you try to hit anything with it!" Or "how would you carry a shield made of stone?" - they are just rather unpractical...

Well put! Alas, this is why monk is the best profession. While you are performing surgery with a hammer, I'm saving your life. I make sure your lifestyle choices don’t get you killed ;)

• Well put! Alas, this is why monk is the best profession. While you are performing surgery with a hammer, I'm saving your life. I make sure your lifestyle choices don’t get you killed ;)

well that's solely an argument for chosing monk as secondary for warrior... without the warrior primary it'd be pointless ;)

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Typical Warrior talk. The next comment would be something along the lines of "Why aren't you healing me monk? You suck." :D

Not at all. I only use henchies :D

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

• Mesmer

The ability to have one of the largest impacts in a PvP match with your ability to read both your team and the enemy team to control the flow of battle.

Key elements such as skillfully timed Power Leaks and Shatter Enchantments while also having the ability to Diversion key skills that can keep an enemy silent for 6 seconds or for 50+ seconds should they choose to bite the Diversion.

It is truly a unique class.