Best money making methods in 2020?

• I haven't played gw in about 8 years, i have no idea how to make money anymore. What are some of the most profitable money making methods for a returning player? looking for solo content ideas

seems like farming ectos inst worth it anymore since they are so cheap now? any information is appreciated, Please and thank you

• Well farming events is definetly worth doing for example by Vaetir farm which is probably most efficient.
    Solo farms which i like are ministerial commendation farm(mostly os weapons really) and luxon assasin farm. You can find guides on wiki and yt. Feathers farm as always is good option.
    In term of group farm DoA SC is the best but i never tried it so cant rly give You mich information

• +1 on the Commendation Farm. It's a tried and true money factory that you don't have to rely on anything else for. Favor or not, you'll almost always get a couple old school golds to drop. Plus you get a chance at Bo Staves, Bladed Shields (rare) etc. It's not the worlds fastest money maker, but merching golds can net you some decent cash... then just turn the plat into ecto when prices drop. EZ PZ.

• A few additional tips include farming for nick sets for gifts of the traveler and also making consets to sell (if you have the EOTN ranks) https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Consumable_set

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Official Post

Some tips I have to make more money:

• Identify everything you get from a level 20 mob. Even if it's white, just identify it.
      It can double in value just from doing that. Often, it will only be 1 gold more but sometimes it goes up dramatically.
      Down the line it is worth your while to identify everything - it will skyrocket your earnings.
    • Check every drop with runes with the trader. Some might look useless, but some insignia's are worth quite a bit and some runes can net you over 20k profits!
      I always check every drop, it makes for an easy extra bit of money.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• Some tips I have to make more money:

• Identify everything you get from a level 20 mob. Even if it's white, just identify it.
      It can double in value just from doing that. Often, it will only be 1 gold more but sometimes it goes up dramatically.
      Down the line it is worth your while to identify everything - it will skyrocket your earnings.
    • Check every drop with runes with the trader. Some might look useless, but some insignia's are worth quite a bit and some runes can net you over 20k profits!
      I always check every drop, it makes for an easy extra bit of money.

I have been doing this for like my whole gw life.

Recently, i started gambling with salvaging white items. I cannot say which option is better, i just don't have the time or data to create a working model.

But in General, what I have noticed, is that unless the item salvages in the overpopular materials like wood, chitin fragments, leather squares, the value of salvaged materials is a bit higher. Lets say, you have a white sword, that sells to merchant (after ID) 80g. You salvage it and get 5 iron. 1 Iron at the trader costs roughly 45g. With this salvage you have increased your profits by 225 (iron price) - 80g (max value of he item) - 20 (use of a salvage kit) = 125g.
    With blues it is a bit more tricky, because you have to id it, that adds 5g more and thus reduces your margin.

Not much, but it is a honest work :D

It doesn't work for all the materials, but mostly you are looking for the ones in high demand like iron, dust, bones, plant fibers etc. .

• I have been doing this for like my whole gw life.

Recently, i started gambling with salvaging white items. I cannot say which option is better, i just don't have the time or data to create a working model.

But in General, what I have noticed, is that unless the item salvages in the overpopular materials like wood, chitin fragments, leather squares, the value of salvaged materials is a bit higher. Lets say, you have a white sword, that sells to merchant (after ID) 80g. You salvage it and get 5 iron. 1 Iron at the trader costs roughly 45g. With this salvage you have increased your profits by 225 (iron price) - 80g (max value of he item) - 20 (use of a salvage kit) = 125g.
    With blues it is a bit more tricky, because you have to id it, that adds 5g more and thus reduces your margin.

Not much, but it is a honest work :D

It doesn't work for all the materials, but mostly you are looking for the ones in high demand like iron, dust, bones, plant fibers etc. .

A little tip to increase profits even more, use regular salvage kits for things that salvage into dust/iron/bones. They're (I think) 5g per use and guarantee you get iron instead of i.e. steel, which is usually higher profit. There are some items where the rare salvage is probably worth it for the chance, but for most items I think you profit more getting 10 iron vs. two steel ingots, for example, not to mention saving quite a bit on salvage costs.

• A little tip to increase profits even more, use regular salvage kits for things that salvage into dust/iron/bones. They're (I think) 5g per use and guarantee you get iron instead of i.e. steel, which is usually higher profit. There are some items where the rare salvage is probably worth it for the chance, but for most items I think you profit more getting 10 iron vs. two steel ingots, for example, not to mention saving quite a bit on salvage costs.

oh, i thought that the output qty also differs with superior and regular kits. But you are right.

Edited once, last by TDR2000: wrong info (May 19, 2020 at 10:19 PM).

• I don't know if it's an appropriate farm but I've been farming The Alcyon's Job for 3 days and I must say that I got some cool golds !

On 2019, after two months, sometime farm Halcyon Job, every week. I equiped all heros of 2 caracters PvE with +50hp runes, just with this. Maybe, long time, Anet nerf drop for this place and more luxon armors (blue, purple, gold) drop.

(I like kill: Senkai, Lord of the 1,000 Daggers Guild)

• I don't know if it's an appropriate farm but I've been farming The Alcyon's Job for 3 days and I must say that I got some cool golds !

On 2019, after two months, sometime farm Halcyon Job, every week. I equiped all heros of 2 caracters PvE with +50hp runes, just with this. Maybe, long time, Anet nerf drop for this place and more luxon armors (blue, purple, gold) drop.

Hi Neutral, do you know if this happened to the chest protected by luxon enemies in the spot? "the nerf"

• On 2019, after two months, sometime farm Halcyon Job, every week. I equiped all heros of 2 caracters PvE with +50hp runes, just with this. Maybe, long time, Anet nerf drop for this place and more luxon armors (blue, purple, gold) drop.

Hi Neutral, do you know if this happened to the chest protected by luxon enemies in the spot? "the nerf"

I think this was only applied to enemies and not to chests. Luxon chests largely drop items instead of purple or gold armor.

Then i don't know in terms of "nerf". But even without direct proof, it's clear that some places drop far fewer items than others. There was a before and an after. Maybe a total of killed by all players is calculate (the more an instantiated zone calculates high number of deaths in a given timeframe, the lower the drop for that type of enemy in that zone?). Which would explain why the classic spots (farmed by bots too) would drop less over time. Such an element could have been put in place to avoid obvious logical errors in the game. For example: everyone will go to the same place to farm, because it would be enough to take into account only the calculation: number of enemies killed divided by the time factor. With an algorithm that would limit the drop if too many were killed, this calculation could not be obvious in time, and one spot would not necessarily be better than all the others. This could be applied in terms of luck in relation to the players in the game, the account and/or the characters.

But all this is speculation..