Unconditional Weapons

• Hey Cap, welcome back! Always nice to see an old name reappear from the mists.

I’m honored that Teh Axe is what roused you from your slumber and got you to create a Legacy account.

These days, Teh Axe has mostly ceremonial functions including new member bloodletting and (re-)circumcision of new officers, where the foolproof nature of its extra damage helps to ensure our brave initiates a smooth transition into their new roles. Everyone involved might be better off keeping their 10g (and their 20%) in their pockets 😉

• This shortbow reminds me of a time about few months or so ago, that i opened a gw stream of somebody, the stream being dubbed something like "checking my account on this game after x time (something like 10+ years).

He briefly brushed through his storage and i saw something unprecedented. unconditional +15 q9 fellblade. Told him what it was and he checked the forums and closed the stream.

Still looking for that guy, never figured to check out the name of his character while he was streaming...

edit1: So if you, the random guy with an unconditional 15 q9fellblade, is lurking around these forums, i am looking for you.

• like the guy with the q8 15% hammer pic ("teh hammer") last month. We all dont know how many secrets are still around, but this is why we love it.

• We all dont know how many secrets are still around, but this is why we love it.

Counting on what ArenaNet has done with the game? Zero. Where each update seems more like a penalty than an improvement.

I still remember in 2005 how they did the marketing for this game. It was something like: "Join forces with your friends, combine a large number of skills to pass the challenges and be the best of all." (like Pokémon and that shit, and we know very well that Nintendoesn't give a shit about anyone

and it's pure facade).

And how this was after actually, of course: "Oh, a player discovered a way to do <something> using the system that we have created and that we support/encourage them to use. LET'S FUCK IT!! ejjejejejeje xdddd".

There is only 1 way to discover things in this game: 1) Discover it. 2) Shut up about it.

• My memory is a bit fuzzy but I remember back in the days there were some talk about "fake unconditionnals".

There was a bug where you could take a regular dual zeal/dual vamp weapon, add a zeal or a vampiric mod, salvage the mod and you would get a weapon that appears unconditionnal when you view it in your inventory. But it was only a graphic bug as when you equip the weapon you would still get the -1 energy or -1 heath regeneration.

Maybe that's could explain all those unknown unconditionnal you are talking about (the Q8 hammer and the fellblade)

But once again my memory is a bit fuzzy I'm sure some people should be able to give you more info on that.

IGN : Veni Vidi Wiki

WTB Triple prof wands + Aegis/SotW + Prenerf runes + Sanhan's Staff (here)

• My memory is a bit fuzzy but I remember back in the days there were some talk about "fake unconditionnals".

There was a bug where you could take a regular dual zeal/dual vamp weapon, add a zeal or a vampiric mod, salvage the mod and you would get a weapon that appears unconditionnal when you view it in your inventory. But it was only a graphic bug as when you equip the weapon you would still get the -1 energy or -1 heath regeneration.

Maybe that's could explain all those unknown unconditionnal you are talking about (the Q8 hammer and the fellblade)

But once again my memory is a bit fuzzy I'm sure some people should be able to give you more info on that.

Never heard of this one before and was really into the game from 2005 onwards. maybe?

• People talked about this all the time, but I never saw proof of a “fake” unconditional. I’m not saying they didn’t exist, just that I never saw one.

You have to remember at the time that salvaging was not a sure thing. More often than not trying to salvage that perfect sword hilt left you with a pile of iron. At the beginning perfect upgrades, like a 3/1 vamp hilt, went for 100k. So trying to get this bug to work meant putting a lot at risk.

You used to be able to sell 10/8 furious hilts for 20k-30k… but I digress.

• are you sure it wasn't just the wording, that changed, to represent the actual funcionality? Oh we are getting off topic.

It was reducing all the damage type as far as I know. You can check the 13th July 2006 update (https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Game_updates:July_2006)

• Updated shields, armors, and runes with damage reduction abilities so that they only reduce physical damage.

People talked about this all the time, but I never saw proof of a “fake” unconditional. I’m not saying they didn’t exist, just that I never saw one.

I never saw one in game either. But there are a few topics talking about it on the guru archive. Talking of "fake" unconditional i also remember there were some debunked photoshoped picture floating around.

IGN : Veni Vidi Wiki

WTB Triple prof wands + Aegis/SotW + Prenerf runes + Sanhan's Staff (here)

• So is there any kind of unofficial list of all the unconditionals that are still active in the game?
    If not we should try to compile a list of all known unconditionals, these are a proper piece of Guild Wars history and deserve to be commemorated.

• So is there any kind of unofficial list of all the unconditionals that are still active in the game?
    If not we should try to compile a list of all known unconditionals, these are a proper piece of Guild Wars history and deserve to be commemorated.

Well there was this old guru thread linked prior in this thread.

I totally agree that these are proper Tier 1 pieces of gw history and among the most iconic items - if not THE most iconic items - this game has to offer.

However, I disagree to compile a list of all of them. For example a good friend of mine who indeed owns a few selected uncondis not shown in this thread is not eager on going too public with them as he is afraid of jealousy, people hacking his account(s), people annoying him with dms and messages etc. He is still casually playing gw today and preserves these pieces of art and sometimes goes on zaishen missions where people around him would "flex" with requirement 8 items/minipets/eternal blades and whatnot whereas he is silently enjoying his outstanding weapon arsenal that appears relatively inspectacular in terms of skin-choice. It is called understatement. A true enjoyer is enjoying and not bragging. Shall they be with him until the servers are shut or the world has ended - whatever comes first.

• For example a good friend of mine who indeed owns a few selected uncondis not shown in this thread is not eager on going too public with them as he is afraid of jealousy, people hacking his account(s), people annoying him with dms and messages etc.

It's not like he has to put his name, he can cross it out with a black bar and that's it xD

Well there was this old guru thread linked prior in this thread.

I totally agree that these are proper Tier 1 pieces of gw history and among the most iconic items - if not THE most iconic items - this game has to offer.

However, I disagree to compile a list of all of them. For example a good friend of mine who indeed owns a few selected uncondis not shown in this thread is not eager on going too public with them as he is afraid of jealousy, people hacking his account(s), people annoying him with dms and messages etc. He is still casually playing gw today and preserves these pieces of art and sometimes goes on zaishen missions where people around him would "flex" with requirement 8 items/minipets/eternal blades and whatnot whereas he is silently enjoying his outstanding weapon arsenal that appears relatively inspectacular in terms of skin-choice. It is called understatement. A true enjoyer is enjoying and not bragging. Shall they be with him until the servers are shut or the world has ended - whatever comes first.

u mean ramon?

IGN: V Oo D Oo Lvoe