What would you ask Anet?

• With Bill Freist leaving Arenanet, it feels to many of us that the lifeline from the Guild Wars community to the Guild Wars developers has been severed. I am considering writing an open letter to Arenanet petitioning them to address the Guild Wars community with the current state of the game, and the future for our humble game. I have a few questions in mind to ask them, but before I write the letter I would like to extend the opportunity to all of you to put forth some questions that you all would like answered. The idea is not to ask about a bunch of updates or "low-hanging fruit" items, but more so about what can we expect from Arenanet concerning the future of their first-born child, Guild Wars.

Please only positive comments. I realize plenty of people have come to believe and accept that "Arenanet will never do anything for GW1." While this may, in fact, be true, that type of discussion is not the intent of this thread.

AC

"...one thing I have learned—life is too damn short not to have a cookie when you want one." - Ray Stevenson.

Edited once, last by ACWhammy ().

• Great idea for a thread.

I’d ask them to be more involved with the community. We’re working hard to keep the community united and give them somewhere to interact, and it would be awesome if they’d engage with us and arrange special collaborations with them.

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

• One simply but rly crucial question for me:

Are they going to continue making updates/fixing stuff in the game ?

I doubt they gonna give any straight answer (insert marketing bs here) but you never know, let's hope ?

• If anything, they'll give another developer the option to do it in their free time. I doubt they'll use company resources for it.

IGN: Mystical Dub.

• Anet still has a support for GW? If yes, I would ask the same.

if im not wrong yes but i think all gm support gw1 and gw2 .

And since the community is larger on gw2 than gw1 they have less time for guild wars1.

• I would certainly like to ask about having an official community contact for GW1. Stephane still updates the wiki when Bill released updates, someone still does the Twitter and Facebook when GW goes on sale (probably Stephane too), but no one interacts with the community to give some transparency and and support to the players and results in threads like this.

Can we continue to expect GW and GW.com store items to go on sale around holidays/events? Is this the preferred choice over a permanent price reduction?

I agree with the above that with Bill leaving and no answer from Anet about it we just don't know if QoL changes are still being looked at or are we back to 2017/18 with server maintenance only.

Similarly as mentioned about bots in PvP and Gold Sellers. They gave us a chat filter which would indicate that they're not that bothered about permanently stopping this or actively removing these users from the game. Without giving an official answer that they won't.

Ideally if we could get any questions/answers I'd ask about how reports are handled. We've talked about reporting them for way over a year now. Is it actually worth it? Does anyone look/action it. We don't need to know detailed specifics.

Then some more fun questions:

Is there going to be anything special for ArenaNet's 20th anniversary, and GW's 15th anniversary?

Did they expect GW to remain this popular coming up to 15 years from release?

What is the future for the franchise, is it 100% GW2 or is there are GW3 in the distance, or maybe something else entirely?

What games do they see as their main competitors now and in the future?

One simply but rly crucial question for me:

Are they going to continue making updates/fixing stuff in the game ?

I doubt they gonna give any straight answer (insert marketing bs here) but you never know, let's hope ?

Was there actually anything broken in the game that has needed fixing? QoL updates were made, yes but I'm not aware they was any problems/fixes put in.

If anything, they'll give another developer the option to do it in their free time. I doubt they'll use company resources for it.

Since March 2019 Bill Friest was already able to do GW1 development in his work time and even confirmed that he had got another developer involved to work on things. So they were already using company resources for 6 months.

for me i will ask :will there be a new mini pet, tonic and new emote in the same style rank ha,zaishen... or not?

Well. Their answer on new content for the game since it went to maintenance mode has always been "No". Out of curiosity what mini pet/tonic would you want and what is the rank emote supposed to be for?

• Well. Their answer on new content for the game since it went to maintenance mode has always been "No". Out of curiosity what mini pet/tonic would you want and what is the rank emote supposed to be for?

for pet/tonic I would like for example the rainbow phenix (for tonic i speak for EL not mysterious)

• More gold sinks. The game has an abundance of gold, mainly due to botters. Botters need to be taken care off and we need some gold sinks to get more money moving.
      • Think of things like unreleased minipets, new (perhaps backported from GW2) skins, tonics.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

• Great guys, we are all thinking on the same track. I've incorporated most of these questions into the letter. I have to trim the fat and add a few things, then we have some plans for it so it will hopefully make some waves.

Meanwhile, here's some relevant information concerning the future of Arenanet: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guild…rien_is_leaving_arenanet/

"...one thing I have learned—life is too damn short not to have a cookie when you want one." - Ray Stevenson.

• Was there actually anything broken in the game that has needed fixing? QoL updates were made, yes but I'm not aware they was any problems/fixes put in.

You can't be serious right ?
    Did you ever checked the List of Bugs and Anomalies at GW Wiki ? I can accept the clipping and the armor issues but the skill ones please don't tell me that they are not important.

• You can't be serious right ?
    Did you ever checked the List of Bugs and Anomalies at GW Wiki ? I can accept the clipping and the armor issues but the skill ones please don't tell me that they are not important.

In your post you said "continue making updates/fixing stuff in the game" - I'm aware there are minor bugs with certain things but I'm not aware that any of these have ever been fixed or considered to be fixed in the last year since we got some quality of life updates. Maybe it is just my misunderstanding of your sentence.

The only one I can think of is the 'fix' for certain skill use by AI, which could be considered a bug I suppose.

Since most of these other bugs have been in the game for many years I doubt there is consideration for fixing them now. Would be good if they did though!

• Hey, I did Vizunah Square thru Tahkani Temple on a seldom used character the other day and Mehnlo and Togo never got stuck once! That has to be a new record!

ꚛꚙꚛ Ouch My Assassin | Raise R Bladez ꚛꚙꚛ

• I would ask lots of things, ill just throw some here:

1) Is there any1 in chargw of GW1 like Bill was?

2) Can we expect more quality of life or content updates?

3) Can we have pre order and collector edition stuff on the gw shop?

4) Can they ban the known botters of the MaT HA?

5) Can they add Costume Brawl as a permanent pvp mode, with any build posible to play and no costumes? The mode and the maps are incredible

Any news on this btw? :)

• 1) No

2) No

3) No

4) They could, but they won't.

5) No

IGN: Mystical Dub.

• All suggestions = money.

Anet’s not gonna spend money on it. The model of the game no longer corresponds to the current standard, financial risk too big and unthinkable to justify in their budget.

the last update via the shop is proof. They make an update that does not change the mechanics of the game. Do not banish in mass. Just adds some free slots. But the shop to buy, it was the only real update. Who are we kidding? You.

Edited 2 times, last by Neutral_CH ().