Your Most Precious Item!

• Official Post

Hello everyone,

I know we have the "Your Beloved Collections" to display all our collections, but this thread is focused on that one item you love the most. Which defines what you do and love in Guild Wars. Maybe because you got it from someone special. Maybe because it was your first gold drop. Maybe because you've used it for 11 years. Maybe because you saved months or years for it. Any reason is fine. The purpose of this thread is to show us your single favorite item. It's not the intention that this turns into another collection thread. I bet people would like to not only see that one item, but also would like to hear why you chose that item. Maybe even give us a background story.

I'll start:

As many of you know I collect +1 attribute shields with +xxhp. I own lots of imperfects, but my heart lies of course with the perfect ones. The +1/20 +30hp's. I own a whole bunch of these. Naturally the ultimate goal would be a r8 perfect +1/20 +30hp shield. For a long time I knew of only one, which was to expensive for me. The closest I came were a couple 1 off r8 shields. Which are amazing and I love them dearly, but they aren't perfect.

On April the 29th, at 8:35 AM I received a pm from Red Fireball on Guru. He found a shield I might like on an old thread from 2009. It was owned at the time by Zamochit. One look and I knew I had to have it. I asked the person who always helps me the most with finding items: Pleikki. He suggested someone who might have bought it from Zamochit a long time ago: Rice. Unfortunatly he was, like Zamochit, very inactive on Guru and I had little hope of ever contacting him. In early June I heard Rice was active again. I send him a pm on Guru asking him if he had the shield. He gave me a short but relieving response: "Yes I have the shield". I was ecstatic, this was the best news in a long time. I talked to him in game and he told me he wouldn't sell it. It was a gift to him from Zamochit. I was devastated. My hopes and dreams were shattered. After all this time looking for one, hoping to find one I could afford. But then, on June the 19th, he did the unthinkable: he gave it to me.

p4W1k0a.jpg

So this was the story of how I got my most precious item. I will cherish it until the Guild Wars servers shut down and will use it as much as I can. I thanked Rice already, but I will do it here again:

Thank you Rice for my most precious item!

Of course I don't ask of you to share such long stories if you don't want to. If you don't feel like sharing a story, there is no need. Then just post the item and let us enjoy.

~Emma

• Official Post

What an inspired idea for a thread.

I thought this was going to be impossible for me as all my items are my favourites.

But being a collector is only partly about the items, and mainly about the journey and the people we meet along the way. So when I thought about it, there was one clear choice.

1A9A60m.png

This is the shield that started it all for me. It was donated by a friend who would go on to become my mentor as I started my journey. Enchanted Krystal gave me this shield to get me started after hours of deliberating what to collect.

This is my most precious item. Not for its worth, but for what it represents. This is my Genesis, my Alpha, my inspiration. It all began at that conversation with my Yoda, EK, and his generous gift.

Max

• Official Post

Bought this nugget from StueyG back in 2006. Was my first big purchase. Spent a good few weeks deciding on what skin and such to get. Cost 45k. Traded in Kaineng Center.

ofd3l4.jpg

----

Also, can we stop with the random centering of text? It serves no purpose but makes it harder to read.

• oglk2i4t.jpg

this thing started all for me. one of my best friends ingame at that time said to me: if you really want a nice sword for your warrior, get a q7 one.

it was Todeshand who pushed me to buy it for 100p+10e...a lot of money for me at that time. i think it was a random stranger who sold it to me...

another great player and kind of mentor Thorgall Njordlund teached me on the beauty of oldschool items. because of him, Eir Of Asgard
    and Todeshand iam into this stuff and thats why i gathered my collection. that my first q7 was a "ench" one set the path for almost every other item i bought for my collection.

• Here's mine. Given to me by Licensed Luny a few weeks after the Mausoleum glitch happened. Along with a handful of other Guru regulars, we managed to get in a bunch of runs to Majesty's Rest before ANet "fixed" it. Most of the drops were junk, but she was lucky enough to get this bad boy, and passed it on to me for my Derv. Were it not customised, I'm sure it'd be worth more than a few ecto, but it's one of those things that I would never dream of selling even if I could.

EDIT: Forum image upload seems to be broken, so...

rfyzIba.jpg

Edited once, last by jimbo32 (October 10, 2017 at 12:17 PM).

• What a thread - how come I never seen it before?

I thought a bit, but my thoughts went the same direction as Jimbo´s...

or maybe one of my beloved shields...

guildwarslegacy.com/attachment/63/

but no... I think the Scythe is my choice!

I have seen it short after the Mausoleum bug and just had to have it - if I remember correctly it cost 105e or 111e - a bargain as I see it nowadays - best choice! I even made several Builds for my warr using it, since it was too cool - Warriors endurance and strength/Scythemastery is a great choice - but usually melonni is happily using it - after all dervish might be the better scythe master... :D

I WTB all kinds of Tower Shields and Defenders. I do drop research - if you find anything remarkable or want to see the results - check the thread or send a pm!

IGN1 Red Fireball Rusher

IGN2 Silberner Magier

Edited once, last by Red Fireball (December 11, 2016 at 11:23 PM).

• You all got these nice items with these nice stories.
    I have 2 items to share and the closest I have to a good story is that the purple was a gift from Firefighter Fred...now that I think about it the gold might be as well...

Edit: forgot to mention neither are particularly spectacular but I love them...

Edited once, last by End (December 26, 2016 at 6:40 AM).

• For me most precious item is this Sword, its Precious because of the way i got it, and also because its byfar the most used weapon ive had.
    I use this sword for All the chest runs i do, and have done in past 8years, total tens of thousands opened chests this sword been on my hand ;)

2yzas7p.png

It was 2009 when my dear friend Tramp ollin said he will quit GW and sell all hes amazing items,
    Many items here and many most precious items of friends of mine also came from the very same sale.
    I was bidding with all i got on this sword as it had been my dream for long time, Eventually i won the bidwar with 230e (it was alot of money back then)
    When it was time to pick up this sword, My dear friend Tramp just gave it to me, as a memory of him and the good times we had together, Didnt need to think twice customizing this sword back then, and it has prettymuch never left my warrior's hand since that day ::)
    It was the 1st time someone donated me someting this amazing, after that ive had many more donations, theyre all special but nothing beats the 1st
    -Pleikki

• .... IM BACK!!!

... If you guys remember me...

I was sadly not able to completly finish my Long Sword Collection, But in the end I managed to get quite alot of them.

Many of the trades I have you all to thank for.

Still in awe/frustrated about the ones that Max has, but hey, I get to look at them from time to time, and I know that they are safely stored in another great members inventory.

The one of MANY items that is my most precious one would have to be this:

ofy160.png

Looking through the threads here brings back so many memories.

But hey, we can all always remember Guild Wars!

• My most precious item? That's easy:

6eZtNzh.jpg

What wasn't easy almost 10 years ago was finding one and winning the auction.
    Bo Staff was the only skin I ever truly wanted for my favourite character - first and hardest GWAMM, half the total account playtime, Leia-buns-wearing, Wa/Mo-hating, Backfire-Infusing monk from Ashford.

After a few nervous bids on Guru, b/o was posted and I had to take it. Ended up selling a lot of materials and items. I've also borrowed some Ectos and gemsets in order to meet the 1200 ecto price.
    Customized it seconds after the trade was completed.

My happiness was so great that for the next several days I even healed people standing in AoE.

• I logged on today and found that the Captain had turned 12 years old. I know that some have played for longer and that many of you have stayed involved in the game much more intensely than I have over recent years...but that didn't stop the nostalgia train! I took the Captain for a stroll through some old stomping grounds, listened to the music, and revisited some familiar views. Mostly, I remembered the friends, enemies, and community that made Guild Wars so great for so long.

I knew I wanted to post something to mark the occasion, but I didn't know what or in which forum. I looked through old screenshots -- mostly of the Captain with guildies from [PhD] and/or items arranged in semi-geometrical patterns -- but then I saw one that stood out. That's when I knew what I would post: My most precious item, the helm of a fallen friend.

4ZHd6ay.jpg

Stza was a friend to many of us and one of my first (and finest) officers. More importantly, he was a son, a brother, a student, and a brilliant young man. Almost 9 years gone. RIP Stza.

<3[PhD]<3

Edited once, last by Captain Krompdown: Inserted working image. Coming up on 12 years. (September 7, 2020 at 9:44 PM).

• Hey, as most of you know I collect a majority of items, but I used to be hardcore into "Naked, No Inherent" items. My naked Collection was inspired by (Zephyr Of Light).
    This item was my first Q8 Naked gold that I ever bought, even though I have bought a lot more rare old school items, this one reminds me of how it all started.
    Well here it is, here is the item that started it all! :D
    SfNxRLA.png

cKhUbSw.png

Thank you for [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Ddraeg Gwella for selling me MY FIRST Q8 Gold naked![/font]
    [font="Hind, sans-serif"]Also thanks to Zephyr Of Light for inspiring me with naked weps! <3[/font]

" A sword wields no strength unless the hand that wields it has courage"
    <=======|==0

• I appreciate the love Hrwakka! It's a nice little axe, I had no use for it so I'm very glad it's gone to a good home!
    I can't compete with the rarity and sheer awesomeness that this thread has to offer however I think I've found my favourite item I own.

http://s378.photobucket.com/user/Ddraeg/media/Sephis.jpg.html[/img]

What makes the item a little more interesting for me is that I carried out a character name change however this item is still customised to the old character name!

Always blame the Monk.

• I appreciate the love Hrwakka! It's a nice little axe, I had no use for it so I'm very glad it's gone to a good home!
    I can't compete with the rarity and sheer awesomeness that this thread has to offer however I think I've found my favourite item I own.

http://s378.photobucket.com/user/Ddraeg/media/Sephis.jpg.html[/img]

What makes the item a little more interesting for me is that I carried out a character name change however this item is still customised to the old character name!

His little sister here !

1t0EMoi.jpg

• 2z5t5JQ.jpg

My most precious Item is nothing fancy but it's the very first gold weapon that I ever gotten by killing a foe.
    That storm artifact is probably 10years old I believe ? Maybe 11.
    I recall how and where I got it.
    I was heading to LA so I had to clean Gate of Kryta mish. In the swamp area, end of the mission after you've cleaned everything else,there's that group of Skeleton Rangers and Sorcerers.
    I've killed the very first group in swamp and this beauty dropped from the Sorcerer I had just killed. :heart:
    At the time I thought it was worth alot because of the mod so I always kept it and here we are in 2017,still in my account :heart: :D

• The axe looks cute in low req <3. i wonder: it's supposed to be "rare" or if it's just your personal taste?

haha No just personal taste I suppose. Oddly enough it gets that same kind of reaction you and Jack had whenever I show it to people lol It's just a normal drop though. That being said, as the best axe skin in the game, a baby boss Sephis is still a boss Sephis :D

Edited once, last by Tyrant (August 15, 2017 at 2:51 AM).

• This is really an amazing thread.

Looking back on it, and looking back at what I've collected over the years it feels like a journey.

I had this game since the start but I guess I didn't get super into it until '07? Sometime in highschool.

I always knew I liked OS items, at that time mostly bows. Nonetheless, I fell in love, after a while, with my Ele, probably around '08-09.

Fire was always my fav attribute and I wanted to get some cool fire gear. I started with a Q8 Wayward Wand, which I ended up selling to Aris for 100k (lol) when strapped for cash (later rebought this for 10-20x this price :P)

That item started it for me, and led me to the first purchase I planned for, at that time, and still to me today, the most perfect staff in the game--a Q9 Fire 20/20 Celestial Staff, which could trace its lineage to White Wasabi, back then a very notorious player (note, Z Split also had Tramp Ollins identical staff, however I think White Wasabis was the higher gold value one, and the one I bought--I think WW confirmed it to me yrs later).

I had a running service and I remember running people for weeks to get enough money, 450e, back then a ton, and more than anyone else would pay so I could guarantee the purchase. I remember I haggled the seller, Z Split, down from 500 on the promise I would buy multiple of his items.

It was like owning a piece of GW history for me.

After that I bought a Q9 Fire Cele Scepter with 15/-1 and 20HCT, a Q9 Fire Wayward Wand with 5^50 and 20 HCT, and before I knew it I had a nice little collection. Since then it grew and grew, and I custo'd most everything. The first one to get my signature was my staff.

What I realize about his thread is that it really asks, if all your stuff is uncustod, what would you never, ever in a million years even think about selling.

Well my answer is that staff, my fire Cele. It's the one item that I've used more than any, and no other staff will touch it for me. I have gotten a lot of cool items since then, Q8 and Q9 rareskin Wands, 20 20 Wands and staves, tons of prenerfs, a Dragon staff that probably cost as much at the time as all my other ones put together, but out of all of those items, nothing compares to my Cele. I know now there are others like it, it's not close to unique the way some other people's, or even some of my own items are, but it was and always will be my perfect item.

Here it is--
    kFT7SuY.jpg

Love y'all, and all these stories.

[PhD] Yuko

Edited once, last by Expugnare (September 24, 2017 at 4:04 AM).

• I suppose this is one of my more rewarding items in my time of collecting.
    There are serval ones that could have taken this spot, like my clean gold shields or bone dragon staffs.
    But this one.. this one is something special.
    For me it really represents the long journery, friendships, highs and lows that i'v gone through in the later stage of the game I played.

This one doesn't need any explanation of what it is, but you know well enough its cool as fk.

http://i67.tinypic.com/295vi90.jpg
    295vi90.jpg

If you'll be content with putting water with wine, the glass will always be half full.

Edited once, last by Zephyr (September 24, 2017 at 8:01 PM).

• Here is the red-headed stepchild (insc) (yes it isn't as special as the above but goes with the theme so had to share hehe)

Q0_Sephis_Axe_JPG.jpg

While I found the above in my collection (yup I have a non-max collection as well as other collections), I found this beauty that goes with the above Q5 Sephis Axe
    Q5_Serpent.jpg
    (Canthan)

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

Edited once, last by Agent Chevy (October 2, 2017 at 4:12 PM).

• This is a reallllllly hard decision for me to say what is my absolute most precious item, because I have many. So, here is the ones I'd have to say are the most precious due to sentimental value.
    The blade is from a very close friend that has mostly quit GW. He is the one that inspired me to collect new OS weapons for my chars. The hats are all from some of closest friends and SC partners. Some of them I've had for over 5 years. Same thing with the booties ^^ I have over 50 hats and pieces of armor from people, some which do not play anymore.. Can't forget my very first mixed dye from a good friend, probably back in 2009. So many people have left over the years but have left a little piece of themselves with me, so those items are what I treasure most.

fQydbU5.png

Vi et animo

IGN Ivory Rinali