Welcome to the new Guild Wars Legacy!

• Welcome everybody on the new Guild Wars Legacy, a project that has been worked on for months in order to prepare everything.

Over the last 2 years, we've been using MyBB, but it has actually held us back quite a bit over the last few years - it wasn't an example of a properly designed piece of software and it started cracking at all the seams. So we decided to look into other options, that would allow us to grow further.

So over the last few months, I tested almost all of the available forum software... and I mean a lot.

Our requirements for the new software was simple:

• It should be fully responsive - a lot of you visit Legacy on the phone.
    • It should be easily extensible.
    • It should feel modern.
    • It needed to support importing from MyBB.

After a thorough testing phase of over 2 months, we've finally converted over.

Now, not everything will have gone smoothly and we suspect many parts might be lacking or might be improved - please tell us when you find these area's.

For the meantime, we're doing our best to improve the website as much as we can.

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

• Thank you Kevin!

This looks awesome. Now we have a stable platform and a better set of forum software we are able to start implementing our plans for the future!

Max

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde

• Hey! ive got few questions to start! 1st, avatar! is there way save my old avatar from old legacy as i didnt have it saved anywhere?

2nd! Conversations! i just deleted tons messages today before the update, but it shows i got over 3 x more conversations then allowed at the moment?
    Is there going to be chance on the size of that? cus i allready struggled with old legacys PM box size xD (yes i do send and receive tons of PM's)

Also! is there way to send PM from going to someone profile? cus i cant find it xD

Thats all for now! looking forward getting used to new site xd
    Also, how in fk u delete PMs from conversations? i cant find a way either,so much struggles to send PM XD

Edited once, last by Pleikki ().

• Hey Pleikki,

I've checked on the old Legacy site and on my local copy, but it looks like your avatar disappeared on all of them (must have been that something went wrong) - can you describe me your avatar? I'll try to retrieve it from the oldest backup (which dates back to the 22nd of August 2017). If it's not in there I fear I won't be able to recover it.

I've boosted the maximum amount of PM's about 5 times, should you even run full again let me know.

On the profile, click on the user icon and click Create Conversation to send a direct PM :)

To delete them, click on the checkbox and in the bottom right there'll be a button. Click on it and choose leave.

Kevin

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

• Thanks for quick reply Kevin! The sizes for sure better!

The avatar was one with GoE text and picture of ectospasm and in there monks head with obby armor and text "Pleikki"

Anyhow, so i tried it now, clicked checkbox on each PM of one page but when deleting it only removes 1 PM of the time, is there way delete multiple? XD (deleting hundreds pms aint fun 1 by 1 ;( )

Thanks again ;P

• Thanks for quick reply Kevin! The sizes for sure better!

The avatar was one with GoE text and picture of ectospasm and in there monks head with obby armor and text "Pleikki"

Anyhow, so i tried it now, clicked checkbox on each PM of one page but when deleting it only removes 1 PM of the time, is there way delete multiple? XD (deleting hundreds pms aint fun 1 by 1 ;( )

Thanks again ;P

You can click as many checkboxes as you want (and even on top to select them all). Goes quite a bit faster ;)

• Allright got it now ;)Sorry for inconvenience

also i rly like the window that pops when u hold mouse over thread or post, but noticed phone version lacks all information now which makes atleast for me usability with phone alot harder (cant see if someone made post on discussion example without opening discussion, atleast which thread etc)

Edited once, last by Pleikki: Allright got it now ;)Sorry for inconvenience ().

• yeah, that was it...it went away when guru2 shut down last year...I miss that one

Welcome to the new Legacy, cosyfiep . I'm really glad we got you with us here.

Thanks bsoltan for looking it up in the archive! Should have tought about that as well :)