The truth about Pre-Nerf

• i think blue darkwings/enameled (not even sure if there ever was a blue enameled) can be added to this list aswell, ive done far more than 10k runs @ battledepths now and i did not see any blue ones drop! Ive droped about 20~ darkwings and 4 or 5 enameled (even q8´s) but not a single blue one and since blue should be far more common then gold, i dont think they can still drop.

WTB <-- PLEASE LOOK

ign: Katze Kami

• exactly, but i did not see any other color drop than gold ... so imo every white/blue/purple darkwing is prenerf ... but ye i am not sure about it, thats just what i can say from my farming so far ... you guys feel free to farm for em yourself and see, maybe u can drop one hehe but as far as i can tell they dont drop anymore :)

WTB <-- PLEASE LOOK

ign: Katze Kami

• Official Post

Not sure if this is the right area to ask, but I have a question about prenerf shields: do dual reductions with -2wE and -2wS exist?

They do. I have one or two....

It is mentioned in the top post of this thread.

There are a couple for sale right now in the sale section of this site.

• I have to disagree with this, max : '' Any staff which misses HSR Mod completely, also applies to whites and blues or purples ''

There are still alot of req 0 upto req 3-5 staffs in white/blue quallity available that do not come with an inherent HRS.

Most notably in and around the (old) Ascalon regions from quests and collectors.

Unconditional is indeed pre-nerf but its still available, most notably a Ascalon collectors wand with Unconditional +5 Energy.

Although i noticed one section missing here from this list, and its the green weapons.

Most notably Wroths Holy Rod (20/20 smite)

and Ziinjuu's Sanctuary which had

Energy +5

Holy damage: 7-10

(Requires 5 Smiting Prayers)

Halves casting time of Smiting Prayers spells (Chance: 10%)

Halves skill recharge of Smiting Prayers spells (Chance: 10%)

Smiting Prayers +1 (20% chance while using skills)

Health +10

If you'll be content with putting water with wine, the glass will always be half full.

• So I checked with a mod before posting this,however I thought at this point it should be public information. In 2011/2012, the exact date escapes me. The NPC Tolkano in GTOB with a custom client sending custom dialogue packets could obtain any item in game including those that never existed in game. So instead of the DSR scythe you could get the literal dhuum scythe that was giant on a normal character.

To my knowledge only about 10-15 people knew of this exploit and also had the ability to use the proper code to exploit it. In that time a very large amount of rare mini pets, and long lost items such as q7/8 were made. Some items that were made were never even possible as a drop. A fair amount of the accounts involved were perm banned, however I know for a fact quite a few that survived that didn't get greedy with accounts full of mini kanaxi etc. So as a point of reference, there are some new q7/q8 and other similar items that ended up permanently in the game.

The biggest issues of the weapon drops was that people thought you could only create them without an inherent mod like 15>50, but this was proven wrong. So for historical purposes I thought it best be known that there are some interesting items out there that should have stopped dropping a long time ago.

• I have a small question.

I've read around that most weapons no longer drop q7/q8 because of PvP imbalance. The thread talks about pre-nerf. As far as I know "to nerf" means to makes something less strong. So my question is; no q7 and q8 max damage weapons got actually changed or "nerfed" after the nerf update right? If they really wanted to nerf all the "OP" weapons at the time I'd expect they automatically changed these obtained q7 and q8 weapons to q9.

So weapons obtained before the nerf update still have Q7 or Q8 today right? Or did they actually change all those weapons which had Q7 and Q8 automatically to Q9?

• In this case, the term "nerf" refers to items that no longer drop. The existing items that no longer drop are considered "prenerf" and were not changed, they remain as they were. These will be all of the Q7, Q8 and other items with mods that no longer drop to be kept in collections or put on the market.

Good examples are if you check out the collections thread, many (but not all) of these items are prenerf and still exist in the game today.

Your Beloved Collections

With that being said, Q8 Max Swords, Shields, and Focuses still drop today.

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• So there’s one thing I’m still confused on. R8 Gold swords can still drop EXCEPT for the Crystalline, Shadow Blade, Zodiac Sword, & Vertebreaker? As in those swords in R8 are pre-nerf, but say a FDS R8 Gold could still drop? Is that correct?

Q8 gold swords can still drop anywhere that the mobs are lvl 17-21 or the chest are 450g key value. OS q8 gold crystalline can no longer drop,however q8 purple crystalline can still drop from the first kilroy chest in sorrows furnace. Q8 shadow blade can still drop as well although nearly impossible. The shard wolves are level 20 in NM/HM in fow and they drop shadow weapons. So technically a q8 shadow blade or shield can still drop but odds are in insanely low.

Zodiac swords,vertebreaker, and other urgoz/deep exclusives most likely can't drop, however there is a slight chance still that would take research. The hopping vampires in urgoz at the later bridges in normal mode are lvl 10. While that isn't normally the correct level to drop a gold q8 item, prior to the nerf to the ones at the start they could drop gold max weapons. I haven't been able to confirm if they can still drop gold max items.

• Unless I am missing it, can we add Q8 Daggers with 7-17 to this list. Related to question on another post.

Also, Q8 Wands with 11-22 probably should be added.

Thanks!!

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Around a week ago I decided to make a reddit guide about pre-nerf/unobtainable stuff aimed at returning players. (Not sure if i'm allowed to link it).

While the post got quickly buried by memes/shitposts, it got me to ask myself a question : Is there any Dye Remover left in the game ?

I know dye remover were replaced by Gray Dye around 2006, I know some dye remover got bugged and created Grey dyes with a red icon (like this one), but is there still some non-bugged dye remover floating around ?

Also, Brick of Mud and Clay Brick are listed as pre-nerf items. As far as I know and from what I can read on the Wiki those items never actually existed in the game (as in nobody ever got a brick of mud or a clay brick in their inventory). Can anybody confirm ?

IGN : Veni Vidi Wiki

WTB Triple prof wands + Aegis/SotW + Prenerf runes + Sanhan's Staff (here)

• Official Post

Around a week ago I decided to make a reddit guide about pre-nerf/unobtainable stuff aimed at returning players. (Not sure if i'm allowed to link it).

You can link it, or even repost the article in full in here (or use our Guides section): Game Guides

It is a problem with the Reddit format that useful threads/guides etc. can easily be lost.

• Here goes : https://old.reddit.com/r/GuildWars/co…006_check_your/

bsoltan My guide doesn't bring anything groundbreaking, it's mostly a mashup of the info from this thread and from the Wiki with some accompanying pictures and a clean presentation.

Yeah my post got buried quite fast, but at least a few returning players were able to make some ecto and some collector got to add new pieces to their collections.

IGN : Veni Vidi Wiki

WTB Triple prof wands + Aegis/SotW + Prenerf runes + Sanhan's Staff (here)

• I was nearly certain oni blades were in the lot of no longer possible in q8, however that seems to be incorrect. I had an oni blade drop from a chest in tannhaki temple mission normal mode and it was a canthan chest which can drop q8. No idea how the hell an oni blade came from the chest as it was only surrounded by affliced at the rit boss. My guess is internally in the game engine the rit boss is actually an oni or maybe there is an oni trigger spot there from the explorable that isn't fully removed?

• Oni blades are dropped by both Oni and Shiroken. (Oni blades can "commonly" be found in Raisu Palace, which has no Oni.) I believe Tahnnakai Temple (mission) and Sunjiang District (mission and explorable) are the only places where max r8 Oni blades (and other Shiroken-related drops) can still be found. This should include Golden Phoenix Blades as well, as I have gotten one from Tahnnakai Temple before (not r8 tho). The chests have to be near Shiroken bosses, but that's basically always the case in Tahnnakai. I've done chest runs in the mission before just for the sake of trying to get some.

IGN: Vengeful Was Unholy
    Discord: Unholy2295
    WTB Pre-nerf Greens -> Information
    My WTB Thread

• Oni blades are dropped by both Oni and Shiroken. (Oni blades can "commonly" be found in Raisu Palace, which has no Oni.) I believe Tahnnakai Temple (mission) and Sunjiang District (mission and explorable) are the only places where max r8 Oni blades (and other Shiroken-related drops) can still be found. This should include Golden Phoenix Blades as well, as I have gotten one from Tahnnakai Temple before (not r8 tho). The chests have to be near Shiroken bosses, but that's basically always the case in Tahnnakai. I've done chest runs in the mission before just for the sake of trying to get some.

Very interesting, I never knew that thanks for the info and explanation.

• I was nearly certain oni blades were in the lot of no longer possible in q8, however that seems to be incorrect. I had an oni blade drop from a chest in tannhaki temple mission normal mode and it was a canthan chest which can drop q8. No idea how the hell an oni blade came from the chest as it was only surrounded by affliced at the rit boss. My guess is internally in the game engine the rit boss is actually an oni or maybe there is an oni trigger spot there from the explorable that isn't fully removed?

Oni blades are dropped by both Oni and Shiroken. (Oni blades can "commonly" be found in Raisu Palace, which has no Oni.) I believe Tahnnakai Temple (mission) and Sunjiang District (mission and explorable) are the only places where max r8 Oni blades (and other Shiroken-related drops) can still be found. This should include Golden Phoenix Blades as well, as I have gotten one from Tahnnakai Temple before (not r8 tho). The chests have to be near Shiroken bosses, but that's basically always the case in Tahnnakai. I've done chest runs in the mission before just for the sake of trying to get some.

Unholy covered the details regarding Shiroken being the driver of Oni skins dropping in those locations.

I frequently run in Sunjiang District for this reason, don't have much luck, but did get this about a year or so ago that continues to give me hope, most people would merch it, I not only collect these in general, this remains proof of the possibility of a q8 max Oni Blade still dropping....

Q8-15-21-oni.jpg

• Can you explain this please? I don't remember what was the purpose of this NPC at all.

The NPC handled the monthly tournaments when they allowed you to gamble on them for free z keys. A new account was also able to get 5 free zkeys as a one time thing. Keep in mind this was a very long time ago so things like toolbox didn't exist in public but using the same concept of sending dialog hex codes for the 5 free z keys it was possible to change the code slightly to create any item in game and oddities like monster weapons even.

• Question: did the nerf of the 13%mod on golden items happened before the nerf of the q8 Max dmg axes, bows, daggers dropping?

Thanks in advance :)

IGN: Mr Clean Value

:!: Important: Please if i win an auction/or u want to sell me an item write me an PM so we can organize the Trade :!:

...................................................................( Thanks for understanding and appreciate the help <3 )......................................................................................................

"Keep it clean!" 🧽💦

WTB: x00g - Clean Value items - 360g Roundshield - 256g RAM-hammer - Waterwand with 20/20 Fire

• Yes that nerf was much earlier, cantha didnt drop gold 12-13% weapons, while it did drop max q8 weapons. i did look up the update that nerfed 12-13%'s on wiki sometime but cant remember exact date, ive probably posted it this thread or similar even hmm.

For prediction thing, i dont think high priest zhang ever gave zkeys, but only tournament reward points you could exchange to zkeys with tolkano.

I remember when they added the feature and zkey price crashed because everyone was awarded 50 reward points which allowed get 10 zkeys free. Of course the Xunlai tournament house predictions made huge drop to zkey price aswell. Until that their value was very high.