Introductions Thread!

• Hey All!

I thought maybe we should have an introduction/reintroduction thread for our new forums!
    Just tell us a little bit about yourself :)

I'm Lorenna, I've been playing Guild Wars since a month or two after release and had been using the old Guru since late 2005.
    I mostly do speed clears, I also collect some specific OS Monk items, and like getting involved in community events, used to DJ with GW-EN Radio etc.

Let us know a little bit about you so we can get the discussions going on our new home!

• Hi all, I'm glad to be invited to the new forums. I've been playing Guild Wars since Wintersday 2008. When a charr first dropped a Snowman Summoner I was like "What is this?" Well it's been a long journey since then!

I mostly just work on my mini collection and hope one day for an update.

"To be spoken well of in my line of work could be disastrous for my career." - The Ninth Gate.

• Official Post

Hey all, I'm Kevin (but that should be obvious!).

I'm the technical guy behind this site, so if something mis-behaves, be sure to let me know!

I started playing Guild Wars a few weeks before Factions hit. I still remember being in the store and picking up 2 games: Guild Wars or World of Warcraft. Which one should I pick? The choice was obvious, and I brought with me Guild Wars: Prophecies GOTY. Best game I have ever bought and I have never regretted it at all.

I've made many friends in this game and it saddens me to see that my friendlist is mainly something from the past... I need to change that! I need some people to play a lot more with ;)!

My main character is my warrio though lately I've been playing a lot more with my necromancer (which is my oldest character... I kinda neglected her for years... poor thing!).
    When I'm online, which is quite a lot, I'm mostly trying to max the last three titles I need for GWAMM (I never rushed to it, until only a year or 2 ago...). If you want to help, you're always welcome! :P
    For the rest, I just enjoy playing the game - doing missions, vanquishes, quests, everything.

I just love this game!

- Kev

Hi there! I'm the Guild Wars Legacy admin, feel free to contact me if you've got issues.

:ass: Inquisitor Karinda :der: Sunspear Elke :mes:Librarian Amber

obey.jpg

• Thanks for setting up a real GW forum to take GW Guru's place. I'm the same Gadd Fan from the old site.

I'm sure you all are still building the site but I'd like to request maybe an archive thread of mapping stuff. Tips and maps of hard to find places to get cartography titles.

Also a missions and dungeons tips thread too.

Thanks again for this place.

• Hi.

I've been playing since the first week. Was a Guru member since late 2008, though I had lurked before. I had some big life shifts and I was away from the game from 2010-2013, but am now back and playing every day. I have two GWAMMs-to-be, but I don't like cartography so they're both waiting for me to max my Lucky title. If anyone ever wants to chest run I'm your guy, at least until I'm done with that darn title.

My IGN is the same as my name here, and I love to do vanquishes, dungeons, etc. as well. I'm still very much an active player.

• Official Post

Heya,

I'm Emma (obviously (Ham Rock on Guru)) and I have been playing since I was just 11 years old. From selling a r8/16 Gold Summit Warlord Shield for a few platinum to a "pro" dungeon speedclearer to a title hunter to an active collector with a main collection with close to 200 shields. I've seen about everything and done about the same. Now I enjoy doing urgoz and deep runs with my friends, working on my gwamm and leading my Gold Trim guild [pupu] with two great friends. I'm up for about anything in game and looking for people to do Zaishen Quests with.

Nice to meet all of you and hope to make more friends :D.

~Em

• Ello ello.

Zephyr Of Light here from guru.
    Been lurking guru since 2007 to check what people had for sale, but only actively joined since 2013.
    Been a PvE nub and part time mAT bencher from 2007-2011 with various people which I can't name all of them, had some breaks on and off during that time.
    Eventually wanted too explore other parts of the game I never really got into, which was Collecting.
    Over a 4 year time span i'v grown from around 80 attribute shields, towards a pile of ~250 bugged, clean, and pre-nerf items.
    During that time I also developed Z-Way (ofcourse named after myself lol) which in general had great response from the public on Guru (with over 47,000 views and average rating of 4.5 / 5).
    And yeah.. Thats it for now I guess. ^^

If you'll be content with putting water with wine, the glass will always be half full.

Edited once, last by Zephyr (May 18, 2016 at 3:36 AM).

• Official Post

Guess I should say HI as well.
    If you have ever visited guru you would recognize my name ....having held the position of moderator there from late 2008 to present as well as super mod and admin of Ventari's.
    Starting playing gw in Aug of 2005 when I returned to the USA from a 2 year stint teaching English (hahahaha) to junior high and high school kids in Japan (kids are the same everywhere--they go to school to be with their friends and learning usually takes a back seat if any in their 'cars').
    My husband got me started on guildwars as something we could play together, he has moved on to other games (world of tanks, world of warships) and I continued on....and have been playing just about daily since. I have a couple of GWAMM and more in the works. I enjoy making characters the most (I have a few other accounts besides my main one), and have a few titles I am still working towards: wisdom, treasure hunter, luxon (got kurzick) as well as trying to 'catch them all' minipets; alas I think i will never get the few I am missing unless someone dies and I inherit them (wti island guardian, panda, mpb, etc)....
    I spend most of my time not in game moderating :blush: or sleeping it seems...
    guess that is more than enough.

• Ahai there!

I'm Donutdude and I have been playing Guild Wars on & off for a smidge over 8 years. I am a main Elementalist, meaning there is little that I do not know about the class. I love it so much that I may or may not have 6 prestige armour sets for him alone... :D I am also an obsessive miniature collector with just over 3 Xunlai storage panes full of them! I've mostly become a solo player, only grouping up when my Brother and Dad log in to play with me though I am open to learning a few speed clears because I have always wanted to try them. I am the leader of a quaint guild that me and my family use so we can have our own cape and guild hall, which is 85% complete.

Outside of Guild Wars, I am keen programmer currently learning PHP with HTML5 and CSS lined up as well. I also love motorcycling, which I do frequently when the weather is beautiful outside!

As for GWG, I never used to use the forums much but I was a frequenter on the GW: Auctions part of the site. I miss it dearly if I'm honest - used to love it!

Anyhoo I think that's enough blabbering from me. Looking forward to lots of fun here at the new digs. Ciao!

• Hey! I'm Kish, thought i'd stick with my GWGuru name, joined guru in 2008 and have been lurking around ever since... I'm from the UK and I've been playing GW on and off for around 9 years now. I was a major SC head for a long time and was a member of a few memorable guilds that are unfortunately no longer active. I'm now in a small tight-knit casual SC guild with a few of my long time friends. I fell prisoner to GW2 for a good 3 1/2years before recently returning back to the original (and best) game! I'm currently still doing a lot of things in game including SCs, OS hunting, title hunting and Kamadan speed clear. I'm online most days so feel free to hit me up!

IGN: Senshi Kishi

Edited 2 times, last by Dot Rotten (May 24, 2018 at 4:32 PM).

• Hi All,
    I am Iris (Also now as Angbryn). I have been playing since a bit before GW's first anniversary I think. My main character is a Necromancer but I also like to play Ranger, Ritualist and Mesmer.
    I have several characters with various maxed titles but right now I am focusing on my Necromancer to get the GWAMM title.

As far as community work is concerned I have been in the staff of the French community fansite FUREUR for more than two years where I was doing guides, articles, translations and interviews for the GW2 section.
    I was also part of the organisers for the Foostival event for the first two years.
    After playing GW2 for 2 years (mainly because of my duty as a staff member of the GW2 section) I decided to stop and come back to GW1.
    I am working on finishing my titles and having fun in elite zones.

• Hello all.

Player of 11 years here, currently guildless as a result of being fed up with massive faction alliances with zero camaraderie. Is it too much to ask for some friendly guildies/allies to enjoy the game with?

Anyway, I'm UK based and manage to play a couple of days per week.

• Hi all !

My name is Bastien, or Helari. I've been playing GW for yeeeears like everybody here (something like 10 years...). I'm fully devoted to Dwayna, monk lover here (so, I was a sad GW2 player for the time I played it...). I never found any games that I enjoyed so much playing than GW, so that's why I'm here :p

I've been working a lot for the French Fansite called Luna Atra, mostly known for our web apps and tools (build tools and other databases, for GW and GW2 before launch), and writing many guides and articles about the game. I was involved in GW2's Foostival creation too.

I love GW, I love its original community, and I love the friends (and boyfriend) I made there.
    So, let's have fun together here before Anet shots the last bullets to our beloved game (sooner or later, it will happen).

I'm not having enough time to play a lot, but when I do I focus on having fun, and I'm interested in finishing Mallyx for the first time of my life when I'll have enough time to do it :)

Edited once, last by Helari (May 18, 2016 at 7:43 PM).

• Hey All!

I thought maybe we should have an introduction/reintroduction thread for our new forums!
    Just tell us a little bit about yourself :)

I'm Lorenna, I've been playing Guild Wars since a month or two after release and had been using the old Guru since late 2005.
    I mostly do speed clears, I also collect some specific OS Monk items, and like getting involved in community events, used to DJ with GW-EN Radio etc.

Let us know a little bit about you so we can get the discussions going on our new home!

[hr]
    Herro folks!

I am Junie, member of a small Luxon guild and a happy GW player since 2008. Currently I am working on my Carto title. And I am SO happy to see this legacy site!! THANKS to all who started this and let me know if I can help --- am definitely not very techie, but I can follow directions. See you ingame!

Those who will remember, will speak fondly of the warm morning breeze.

Edited once, last by Juniebug (May 18, 2016 at 11:17 PM).

• Heyho!

Name's Dave, nice to meet you ;)
    I have been playing Guild Wars 1 since 2006 and have amassed quite a few hours in that time. I finished a God, am close to finishing a second one and did quite a bit of DoA in between.
    I took a break when Guild Wars 2 was released, but now I am back in game to have some fun ;)
    I wanna finish my EL tonic collection while I'm at it (except the hench tonics and the reindeer one) and the Zaishen title as well.
    See you ingame!

• Official Post

Hello all.

I joined Guru nearly 10 years ago now (6/6/06) but had been playing GW for at least a year beforehand. I always avoid looking up external resources for a game before finishing it myself. Contrary to most games I got hooked on Warrior rather than a spellcaster type. I did create an Ele first but couldn't commit to it until after I'd played my Warrior. I've done everything I'm interested in doing with him, so I almost exclusively play my other chars. Necromancer and Mesmer are the most popular atm. Ranger and Rit are my go-to's when I need a melee fix.

• It's Kabong.

Sup. It's been a while. I've had many good times and have many memories tied up in this game.

Preservation of the history of GW is a commendable goal and I congratulate the men and women of this site for contributing to this in whatever way they can. So much has already been lost to bans, hackers, bots, cheats, thieves and time but the richness (and many riches) of this game still survive, so let's enjoy.

I'll bring the hammers and my rocking chair.

• Official Post

It's Kabong.

Sup. It's been a while. I've had many good times and have many memories tied up in this game.

Preservation of the history of GW is a commendable goal and I congratulate the men and women of this site for contributing to this in whatever way they can. So much has already been lost to bans, hackers, bots, cheats, thieves and time but the richness (and many riches) of this game still survive, so let's enjoy.

Kabong old chap!! Welcome on board. Give your brother a kick in the shins to register too...

Max

• Yes indeed I am, Pre is life :p Although I have to admit I've been busy with family and work so I hardly get to play but when I get time pre is where I am :D

It's great to see the presearing section :D

There is a forum that took over from presearing.com it's over at presearing.club (I hope that's all right) And it is doing all right, Nothing quite like the old forum especially as lots of information was lost :( And it's nothing like guru has been over the years (Nothing lasts forever) But the spirit of guild wars lives on! As long as the guild wars servers stay turned on lol

• Hi, everyone my names Aaron I tend to bounce around to different games a lot and have the attention span of a gnat. I've played gw very casually off and on for the last few years. (I should be getting my first 7th year gifts this year) If you guys can think of anything else you want to know and such just ask I'm pretty much an open book.

Hope to see more of you guys :)

• Hey,

Name's TuscanSota. I'm currently contemplaing on going back to my roots and playing Guild Wars 1 for a bit. I found this place on /r/guildwars because I was looking for a community that was still active in this game.

I'll do my best to stay active here when I can.

• Hello, all!
    I'm ectogasm (ecto) or you can call me Courtney! I'm still getting used to the game and still a noob!
    I'm a casual player of GW and pretty shy but I love to socialize! c:

My main is ll Ominous ll or Born Villlain

The kingdom of the fathers and the heroes where are you

I'm talking to you every night more than I should do

• Joined Guru in December 2005 after playing for a short while and now I'm here as well. Now a strictly casual player doing Z bounties and VQ's with my faithful hero team and me as the earth ele leader. I may be a little mad, but I've done THK around 150 times probably due to being permanently scarred by the Great Monk Strike back in the day :P

[font="Times New Roman"]I will show you fear in a handful of dust.[/font]

Edited once, last by Mouse_at_Large (May 22, 2016 at 2:40 AM).

• Hello, Playing gw since 2006 with many breaks. I thought it would have been over since I switched from pc to mac till I saw some brilliant soul creating a client for mac on guru. So if not for guru I would have been out from gw since 2011. Now I am still here. Doing mostly quests on my characters. For me campaign is done when all the quests are done....

• Hello, I've been playing GW for 7 years and GW2 for 3 years. Been using Guru for a while but haven't made an account until about a year ago. So glad we was able to find a dedicated GW replacement and wasn't shoved somewhere on the GW2 guru. Usually play GW for at least a couple hours each day if not every couple days depending on how busy I get.

• Hey all! I posted a bit of info on the "When did you start playing" thread (https://guildwarslegacy.com/showthread.php?tid=72), but here's some more!

I originally joined Guru and GWOnline/GWInc. back in May 2005. I used to really play the game (and the forums) heavy time from the beginning up until SWTOR was released in 2011. There have been only a handful of games that kept me addicted enough to play whenever I had a chance, including many a sleepless weekend binge. It all started with the original Wizardry series of games on the IBM and NES/SNES until I came across Firefly's Stronghold series, which became the new addiction until Guild Wars came along.

SWTOR relegated me to a "casual" GW player, and that was replace by Defiance until Trion dropped patch 1.5 back in the spring of 2014, at which time I went back to SWTOR. That has since been replaced by Stronghold Kingdoms (of which I was an original Alpha tester and had to step away because I knew I was going to get addicted). Fortunately though, I have found my play time with Guild Wars to be getting back to what it once was during the good ole days, thanks to my "Adventure" series of videos I decided to create in honor of the 10th Anniversary.

It's amazing what a fresh new experience that has been to go through the game with a fresh character once again (even though I still have yet to complete the EotN storyline!). But anyway, I am glad that ArenaNet has kept the game running and that we all still have places to go to outside of the game as well.

Everyone is welcome to add me to their in-game friends list. There's still a lot of things I haven't really had a chance to do in game yet before GW2 stole away our population and updates, so I'll be looking for help in the future.

• Heya everyone!

I'm Vincento from Guru as well, I had previously posted regarding doing full campaign solo speed runs!

Guild wars has been a part of my life since 2007, starting with factions and then moving to the other campaigns. I took a break for a couple of years and during that time, took up other hobbies- one of them being speed running. I returned to the community sometime last year after getting the idea to revisit the games by adding the additional difficulty of trying to complete them as quickly as possible in a single segment.

I've currently got Factions and Prophecies routes in the works and intend to get runs in of those games in the next holidays (starting in June). I do these with no outside help and from start to finish, only using henchmen. I have the aim of eventually getting good runs in of all the main campaigns and possibly finishing all campaigns at once! I aim to improve my time in factions to around 5 hours and I'm hoping to get Prophecies done in 8-10.

The community at Guru was very helpful in helping finding the best approaches to my runs! Looking forward to bonding with you all once again in an attempt to go fast :D

~Vincento

• Official Post

Better say hi.

bsoltan.. playing since May 2005, joined Guru Dec 2005. Mostly lurked and read. Eventually helped out as Ventari mod for a while. Still kicking around in game every now and then but a bit more regularly at the moment.

• Hi folks :)

I started replying a few days ago, but decided to read the thread properly first, then got carried away leaving rep, until it said I'd used it all up :s then waited till I got more hehe.

My 'old main' is 130 months old :o My first char was my ele, then monk, necro and warrior. I then got a second account and made my ranger (127 months), who later became my 'main'. My mes was created around then too, then rit, sin, para and derv. My only real 'mule' is my old sin, as I wasn't happy with her so made another, but I use pvp chars for storage too. Ahh the never ending battle with storage space :rolleyes:

Lurked on guru; joined 25/11/05, but didn't post much.

I wasn't filled with glee about the launch/arrival GW2, but I went along with it in the hope that it would grow on me.. meh. There's stuff I really like there, like the trading system (I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking the (lack of) trading system in GW is awful!), the gorgeous scenery, and general appearance of just about everything. Oh and I have a love-hate relationship with JPs. I took my ranger through the game, but just couldn't learn to like the general 'chaos' of fighting (zerg anyone?) and seriously disliked my claustrophobic, rushed dungeon experiences.

So, back to GW it was, and I'm enjoying giving a makeover to a couple of chars I've never been totally happy with, appearance-wise, (love my monkie now :cool: ), getting decent weapons for all my heroes - even those I rarely use, doing JQ, quests like Kerrsh, and just whatever I feel like doing, without that constant feeling I had in Gw2 that the goal posts keep moving and I'll never catch up - not to mention the tricks to encourage gem purchasing :@

Like Kevin, my friends list is a ghostly place :( I've even become leader of one of my guilds due to inactivity. I wasn't even an officer! I'd love to change that too, but it's just been me and my heroes for so long now that I think only they would want me lol

Unlike 'wind fire and ice' I love 'Cartographing'. It's what finally encouraged me to go for some titles. I didn't like the intro. of titles. Suddenly people were too busy with 'that boring title that I hate but must finish' to play and have fun. Then they burned out and went off to WoW, or wherever... Gone were the days when we'd go sightseeing to find out--of-the-way statues in Tyria, and just enjoy a chilled adventure. Anyway, thanks to the discovery of textmod :blush: I found that clearing fog was a very enjoyable pastime. Haha! (If you do it the proper way wfai, then I agree: not such fun).

Shame your hubby lost interest in GW cosyfiep. I couldn't get mine interested in the first place lol. Only games we enjoyed together were Syphon Filter (taking turns), then Thang, which came to an abrupt end when Ubiport 'deicided' to put all their efforts into another game :rolleyes:

/agree

Really like that quote :)

Well, enough from me for sure. I'd be happy to join in with most things. Not a fan of rushing around though. I also don't like to give up because it's not as quick/easy as people hoped. I like the challenge of rezzing, regrouping, retrying, perservering. I'd rather it take ages, but be fun, than ace it in silence...

:)

"Never refuse a gift from someone who can swallow you whole." ~Kuunavang

• Ahai!
    My name is Reaper Shweeper. Well, that's the name of my main character, my Dervish. All of my PvP characters have the name "Chaotic ..." and then the other half of the name relates to the profession (Chaotic Medic, Chaotic Migraine, etc...)
    I started playing about 8 years ago, but because I was so young I never really wanted to play. I very slowly progressed through the game, eventually completing Nightfall. About 2 years ago I got into the game a lot, and for about a year played Random Arenas LOTS. I recently got very into PvE, though, and realized how fun it is! I'm currently progressing through Nightfall with honnaja (Tera/Veletuda [Hella Felicia]) and when I play alone I play Eye of the North.
    I'm really enjoying PvE (With an advantage with all of the skills I have unlocked for my heroes from PvP) and I hope to have fun with other people as well, whether they need help or want to help me.
    I look forward to making friends, and I was actually planning on making a new Guild for people to come and have fun and help each other out!
    Auf wiedersehen!

P.S. No I'm not German :D