• Back in my day I was very hyped when I finally got out of old ascalon reaching Yak's Bend with my Wamo for the very first time.

Back in my day upon reaching YB I got invited by a player who added his NF heroes to the party and I thought the heroes they were real players. #neverforget<3

• Back in my days every armor had a predetermined colour.
    Back in my days you could bet on GvG matches and win tournament points.
    Back in my days when Straight outta kamadan (kmd) always was rank 1
    Back in my days when Colossal Scimitar was worth alot
    Back in my days when you could go into HA with heroes
    Back in my days when we did duo uw with 55hp Monk and SS nec and we split 50:50
    Back in my days when victos battle axe was worth 100k
    Back in my days when q9 15^50 20/20 +30hp weapons were considered perfect | shields were +30hp -5 (20%)

Back in my days when i was scammed my q8 15^50 flamberge by dropping it on the floor to see if its black / white version. Only for this dude to shadowstep to me
    Back in my days when gargoyle head farming in nolani academia was so populated so the GM had to appear and tell everybody that the drop rate is lowered.
    back in my days when there was this big event when gayle grey left.

So many good ol' memories.

• Back in my day when you had to select your region (Europe/America/Asia) and you could only change regions 5 times.

Back in my day when you could create dozens of minions in HA and create uberlag.

Back in my day when you could duplicate items.

Back in my day when you could scam people by putting 250e in a trade window, removing them, putting bones in and hitting enter and it would still show the ectos not the bones.
    Back in my day when Sissy Boys were on top in HA.

Back in my day when doing DoA took 2hrs 40 minutes, no cons, no pcons, no res scrolls, no PvE skills and cripple would get removed with a yell on discord followed by a swift extinguish.

Back in my day, there were no NPCs selling dyes or anything and you had to actually go out and farm them or buy them off players.

Back in my day when Superior Absorb runes were 100k/each.

Back in my day when 100k was the limit of your bank vault.

Back in my day when i paid $30 a month for a Ventrillo server.

Back in my day when there was over 200 districts for all major events.

Back in my day when UW could be done in 10 mins with 8 sins with 0 fails, ever.

Back in my day... Cryway.

IGN Dua Lipa

• I know that we farmed gargoyle heads but what was the reason for it?

• Back in my day Droknar's Forge was a place to buy/sell Troll Tusks and Parchment

Back in my day you could use the shadow step trick upon entering TOPK/Underworld to farm ectos

My Legacy Trade Posts: WTSell | WTBuy

My Collections (Working Progress): Chevy's Shiny Relics

Other Fun (Discontinued, Historical info available): Poll for Favorite 2021 Drop

Definition of "Collection": An Accumulation of objects gathered for study, comparison, or exhibition or as a hobby.

Note: Definition does not specify rarity or value, although it could be a choice, it's not a requirement.

• Back in the day I use to run Minister cho's with a consume corpse necro and I think rotting Flesh with healing skills like Kareis healing circle. I'd charge 500g for people doing survivor title, which was not repeatable.

Use to run LA to Beacons with a R/rt for 500g using Escape and the increased Max hp Urn rit skill.

Heavy trading in Kaening Center.

Not relying on a meta build or not caring too much what skills peeps used. Only caring how much dmg you did.

Asking players their dye mixing combinations, especially for teal.

Farming Captured Son letter for Survivor title for people who wanted more xp!!! Charged 2k a letter. My first money making scheme and the most nostalgic for me.

• Back in my day, the music you hear in droknar's forge area at the end of GWEN was used for the character selection screen.

Back in my day, I played my very first HA game with EoE bomb mesmer team.

Back in my day, there were no skeletons of Dhuum in UW (and also no Dhuum).

IGN : Lilia Maruviel

• Back in my day we had a LAN party with my friends to play the preview-weekend of GW. We spent too much time in pre searing not knowing the game would continue post searing. We made it only to Nolani Academy that weekend. Afterwards, I learned that; had we gotten to the crystal desert, we *could* have gotten some unique pre-nerf gear, that a-net stopped dropping after the weekend.

Back in my day, a group of 8 W/Mo or 8 air spike Ele's would kill us n00bs in seconds in PvP. All the time.

Back in my day, getting infused took 5 runs per character and doing these runs were annoying.

Back in my day I would play on American district even though I live in europe, because that way you could get down to underworld. Europe seldom had Favor of the gods as I remember it. Didn't know about 55 monking so I would play ranger and trap the Aatxes/smite crawlers in groups of 8 trapping rangers. When learning about 55, the Superior Monk runes were expensive. Still I got them and had some time to solo UW before they introduced nightmares. Got some stormbows back to europe where they were much more expensive than America. Don't think I ever saved any ectos though, didn't know what they were, if I ever got them -> trashcan.

Back in my day, I was a teenager with no responsibilities and I could play all night long.

Back in my day, I got infected with a key logger on my windows vista. The hackers stole all my platinum and gear, but didn't salvage any armor or delete any characters. I was still devastated and quit playing GW. Anyway, high school was over and life started.

• Back in my day, we used to farm "Althea's Ashes" and sell it at Piken Square.

Back in my day, we used to farm Galrath for the Quest "The Villainy of Galrath".

Back in my day, we had to wait for a Guild to win us the Favour of the Gods to enter UW / FoW.

Back in my day, the only thing a Monk ever wanted was Brohn's Staff.

Back in my day, I was unkillable in the RA with my W/Mo with Mending, Healing Breeze, Healing Hands and Bonetti's Defense.

Back in my day, it was actually hard to get the LDoA and GWAMM titles.

• Back in my day, loading into Sunqua Vale for my first GW experience and finding that my current gaming PC couldn't even handle it.

Back in my day, I enjoyed laddering in Hero Battles almost every day.

Back in my day, lurking in observe mode after being involved in a particularly exciting match to see what people were saying.

Back in my day, having an influx of people ruin my favourite mode with red resign :(

Back in my day, being introduced to HA with an all-necro Icy Veins spike and listening for the 3-count on Ventrillo.

Back in my day, playing a near invincible MM in AB using Dark Bond.

Back in my day, PvE guilds used to take Alliance faction seriously and do daily FFF runs.

Back in my day, farming every area with Avatar of Balthazar before either VoS was a thing (including the neglected Vermin).

Back in my day, when festival events were populated and people were still figuring out the dodge part of dragon arena.

Ohhh edit, forgot the best one:

Back in my day, we had an eBay style website for trading (does anyone remember that?!)

IGN: I Casamir I

Edited once, last by gwdeepee (November 24, 2020 at 7:40 PM).

• Back in my day it seems like it took forever to get my first toon to LA. I started playing in Dec 2005 right around Wintersday. I had a guildie pick me up a Peppermint shield since everyone said to play the game through as scripted on my first time.

Back in my day quests for skills as rewards were something to get excited about.

IGN Rogue Monks Bane

• it's been some time since something was posted here, but i came across this thread today, and i read every single post

i love to see how you guys keep all those things in a good memory and i can literally feel your love for the game it was years ago <3

as i read all the answers a lot of things came to my mind that i still remember and i want to share some of them with you :)

(sorry if i mix up the chronological sequence, i played a few years)

back in my days

- i played on a friends account with only prophecies and eotn active, cause i could not afford the other expansions

this account was hacked several times and everytime i bought an ecto from the rare material vendor (only way for me to acquire them, cause i never got invited to uw parties due to the lack of monk skills) it was gone the next day

- ectos were like 25k at the vendor and it was soooo much

- you would always find at least a few people to join for primary quests

- "Mathe gelernt bei Yoda du hast" [MATH] was a famous HA guild

- we switched to polish disctricts in TOA for a better ping

- the first guy achieved the legendary hero title (was rumored, that he was asian and shared his account with friends so they could play 24/7)

- for a few weeks you could clear everything with "ursa way" before anet nerfed it

- my necro achieved the max drunk title the old way by being drunk 10.000 minutes

- i took like 6758345637845 screenshots when i saw mini kanaxai for the first time

- roj, splinter and 100b were meta for fowsc

- there were always people dancing aorund the campfire in piken square

- you tried to glitch behind the npc in toa on top of the hill

- we farmed minotaurs in the crystal desert with w/mo

- there was no dhuum being the last boss of uw

- i lost a lot of currency to scammers cause i trusted too much xD

- everyone in the group appreciated you for playing monk

- gwamm was utopian for me to achieve

- we shared the 1k fee for fow/uw to enter (there really were people scamming this way, for 1k xD)

- the elemental sword was one of the rarest items to get

- warrios were the tanks with defy pain + dolayk signet

- ectos in fow were a myth

and last but not least

the sad day gw2 was released, i logged in and was kinda left alone in the game, it broke my heart to see every city and outpost empty

i decided to not play gw2 and still quietly hope for a return or remake of gw1 (i know it will never come) when i log on from time to time

i hope my memories are also some of yours and can warm up this thread a bit again, cause i would like to see and read more of your remember of this beautiful beautiful game <3

ign: A M B R O S I O

• - the elemental sword was one of the rarest items to get

- warrios were the tanks with defy pain + dolayk signet

If only the elemental rarity would come back for 10 minutes , I have an abundance of them.

Wammo days indeed

I left for GW2 on opening day, it didnt grab me nearly as much as GW1, I had to grow into it.

Been back since Nov2020, probably hang out to finish up some stuff I've been working on until the next expac comes out for GW2 in Feb.

Would love a modernized remake of GW1 too incorporating some stuff from GW2, especially the dodge feature.

IGN Rogue Monks Bane